Recent Posts

Pages: 0 ... 70 [9] 90
Rat Rod Builds / Re: NAS-T
« Last post by Blackwater on December 20, 2021, 04:53:36 PM »
Got the carbs on the 348 final assembled today.  I don’t have to go back into them or pull  ‘em off again until I test run the engine, if at all.  I still need to make up fuel lines and fabricate linkage, but they need to be on the engine for that.

I added the throttle bracket and mounted and adjusted the TV cable. The bracket needed some “adjustment” to clear the distributor.  It’s an aftermarket bracket. GM makes, (or made) a great bracket for these, but you can’t find one without getting lucky on evilbay or scavenging the wrecking yards for days at a time.  There was one on ebay a week or so ago, but the seller wanted $75.00 for it!  This one costs a little over $20.00 and it took twenty minutes to get it right.

I also got the brake pedal linkage done today.  WORKS GREAT!!  I may make a supporting gusset for it.  I’m thinking that even with power brakes, it could use a little more bracing to increase rigidity. I’ve still got pretty strong legs and I’d hate to panic stop this thing and bend something!
Rat Rod Frame/Suspension/Brake Q&A / Re: Front suspension set up air/rack and pinion
« Last post by Blackwater on December 19, 2021, 08:28:33 PM »
Made any progress on this lately ???
« Last post by Blackwater on December 19, 2021, 05:31:10 PM »
I took a few days off. I’m FINALLY back in shoes!!  The shoe repair shop got my boots, (three pairs) modified to accept the foot brace that was prescribed for me last spring!!  My foot is healed up enough for me to get out of the walking boot, so I’ve spent much of the week getting used to the brace and learning to walk for the fifth time in four years!!!

Anyhow, I did get some work done on the carb setup and figured out some more of the obstacles in the build.  I spent the better part of the afternoon Friday making up the vacuum lines for the PCV and the brake booster..  I also located the correct bracket for the TV and throttle cables to attach them to the carburetor linkage.

I also got the new power valve springs for the QuadraJets. I’m planning on putting them together for the last time tomorrow..
Wanted... cars, parts etc! / WTB 1940 Ford truck pass side front fender
« Last post by Metalbender on December 11, 2021, 07:52:43 AM »
Need 1940 Ford truck  front pass fender
Wanted... cars, parts etc! / 10 hole artillery 16'' wheel
« Last post by Metalbender on December 08, 2021, 09:15:51 PM »
Looking for a 10 hole artillery wheel 16''
for a spare
« Last post by Blackwater on December 08, 2021, 05:04:19 PM »
I finished up the  carburetors and didn’t put up any pics.  They needed a fitting in each one to provide vacuum for the PCV valve and the power brake booster.  You can’t find brass fittings at most hardware or farm stores anymore!!  Most parts houses don’t carry much anymore either!!

I managed to find one at one of the local O’Riellys and got them to order another one. I figure one in each carb should work better than trying to supply vacuum to everything off of one carburetor.  I think I will build my own throttle and choke linkages, so I’ll order the hardware for that after Christmas.  Tomorrow, I’ll get steel brake line to make up the PCV and booster lines and start fabbing them up.

I had enough parts and gaskets to build one more QuadraJet, less the choke actuator rod, accelerator pump, and a needle and seat. I have another nice carb that I bought for parts. I swapped choke pulloff assemblies and the throttle plate off of this one to create the matching pair for the T.  The folks at Mountain Man fixed me up with the stuff I needed with just a phone call!  These people are really helpful and extremely friendly!!  Their products and prices make me happy. What I needed arrived on Saturday after a Thursday call!

I’m going to build this last carb and sell it. That’ll pay for EVERYTHING I bought to put the 2 X 4 settup on the 348!

Anyhow! Tomorrow I plan to get the steel lines and build the carb.

I’m putting up pics of the rebuild kit! I’ll add pics of all the changes to this post tomorrow.
Rat Rod of the Day / Thursday
« Last post by McLovin on December 02, 2021, 10:43:31 AM »
A Thursday kind of car
Rat Rod of the Day / Tuesday
« Last post by McLovin on November 30, 2021, 09:12:14 AM »
From Ratoberfest 2021.
Rat Rod of the Day / Sunday
« Last post by McLovin on November 28, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »
Sunny Sunday morning nation. Let's find a custom for today.
Rat Rod Nations Businesses, Vendors / Mountain Man Carburetor and Fuel Systems
« Last post by Blackwater on November 26, 2021, 07:05:57 PM »
I mentioned these folks in the Nas T thread!

I have used them twice now and they’ve been helpful with information and really quick with shipping.  As I said in the thread, top notch parts and without a doubt, the most complete kits I’ve ever bought.  They’re not cheap, but they are reasonable and a lot of bang for your buck!

Pages: 0 ... 70 [9] 90