AuthorTopic: 1930 dodge truck  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Ebraga9

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
1930 dodge truck
« on: October 13, 2014, 07:44:22 AM »
Hey guys just had a question for you seasoned builders!!! I'm 20 years old and just picked up a 1930 dodge pickup with a 66 401 nailhead turbo 400 trans and ford 9". Still have to build the whole truck which I'm excited for because everything is tacked in place for now and is a great open canvas for what I want to build with my father. But just wanted to hear a few of your opinions on the front end setup. I know a lot of people run mustang 2 front ends but to me it doesn't look right on a fender less rod. And anyone have any issues on the non z'd front of the frame? If we decide to keep the non z'd front end I will end up raising it with that bracket becUse as of now it's about 1.5" off the ground And also just trying to find examples of where to mount shocks or coilovers? Any input will help thanks guys!!!!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Re: 1930 dodge truck
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »
Looking at the pictures you provided, i would keep that set up. What i would do with it to raise that front end, take an engine hoist and support the engine after unbolting the motor mounts. Then loosen up the front spring perch and cut an inch or two out of it, use a floor jack. After you have cut it, use the floor jack to raise the front frame, or use a friend and some 2x4's. Once you get that front end up off the ground to a decent height, weld it up. Then cut what you need too, off of the motor mount stands and weld them back into place.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:42:47 AM »
Hey, i got to thinking about your trucks front end a little more and you don't have to touch the motor mounts, not sure what i was thinking? When you cut the front perch and lift the frame, it will all come up evenly.........Leave the motor mounts where they are at, my bad.

Offline Ebraga9

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 02:09:57 PM »
Thanks fr the reply man and I will begin tearing it down soon hopefully!! I can't wait to get started

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 06:20:19 PM »
I can wait for ya to get started too......love new builds.