• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: NAS-T
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2021, 08:08:33 AM »
The last of the pieces for the headers will be here tomorrow.  I replaced the freeze, (block expansion) plugs on the 348 and located a new starter from my stash of parts.  We dropped off the 700R4 at the transmission shop last Tuesday to have it freshened up and have reverse repaired.

The new starter is  for the smaller 153 tooth flywheel, so I ordered a brand new one and a full set of mounts for the front and rear mounts for the engine.

The parts are starting to stack up!!  I'm gonna' hafta' start putting stuff together or I'll be moving out into the yard to find a place to work on stuff!! 
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: NAS-T
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2021, 06:47:32 PM »
I got the 700 back on Wednesday!  The starter I found is for a 153 tooth flywheel and it won't bolt up on the 348.  I ordered a flywheel to go with that starter and I'll swap it and the starter for the one I have on the 350/350 project I'm putting together to sell.  The 350 has the bigger flywheel and starter on it and that will work on the 348.

Got motor mounts to go with the engine brackets so's I can have the engine/trans mounted on rubber.  The collectors for the headers came in too.

Gonna hafta' start building pretty soon!!  I'm running out of places to put stuff!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Tags: