AuthorTopic: Chevrolet Wheels???  (Read 3367 times)

Offline jrod12

Chevrolet Wheels???
« on: July 23, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »
Looking for some cheap cragar type wheels or torque thrust type wheels or keystone type wheels for 5 bolt Chevrolet pattern. Prefer 15 inch wheels but does not have to be.  Cosmetic condition not that important as they are going on a Rat & I can paint them, as long as they are not bent up.  Not much budget left, have blown it on my motor & my car so the cheaper the better. Lol.
Don't buy it, build it!!!
If you are afraid to drive it then what good is it.
Tire smokin' & gear jammin' does a body good.

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Chevrolet Wheels???
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:17:13 PM »
You are in the Portland area right?
also 4 3/4 bolt pattern, or 5 on 5?
I'v got a few.will look when I know what ya need.

Offline jrod12

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:16:03 AM »
You are in the Portland area right?
also 4 3/4 bolt pattern, or 5 on 5?
I'v got a few.will look when I know what ya need.

I am in Cadiz, Ky. Wheels are for a 66 Chevy Caprice Wagon. Have not measured the pattern but pretty sure it is 4 3/4. Will measure for sure in the next day or two & see. Thanks.

Offline Greybeards Customs

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1930 Ford 2 Door
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
  • Referrals: 0
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:34:16 AM »
An easy way to tell is the 5x4.75 pattern will have 7/16" lug nuts and the 5x5 pattern will always have 1/2" lugs
That's not dust in your eyes ...... it's RUST !!!

www.greybeardscustoms.com

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline jrod12

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:59:35 AM »
Car is not even at my house right now. I will have to go & see what they are for sure.  May take me a day or two to get out there with my work schedule.  Somone has put some big 20" wheels on the back & 18" on the front & I do not like them very much. Good looking wheels, but not my style.  Will also trade them if anyone is interested. Attached a pic so that you can see the wheels that are on it now. The tires are shot but the wheels are in great shape. Like to have at least a 15x8 for it, maybe even a 15x10 for the rear, but I need to measure to make sure that a 10" will fit under the rear. I will let you know about the bolt pattern when I can get to the car & thanks again.

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:43:33 PM »
Thanx, after I asked where you were, I saw how far it was, shipping would kill the deal. Good luck, you should be able to do some good trading with what you'v got.

Offline intmdtr

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • I am cool
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 07:31:44 AM »
I have some 15x7 GMC wheels that are kind of like a torque thrust wheel, they are off a GMC Safari if the bolt pattern is the same they could be had for a real decent price of $150 + shipping.

Offline jrod12

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
I have some 15x7 GMC wheels that are kind of like a torque thrust wheel, they are off a GMC Safari if the bolt pattern is the same they could be had for a real decent price of $150 + shipping.

Thanks but 15x7 is too narrow for me. Want at least 15x8. Guess maybe I am too damn picky, but I will find what I want eventually. Lol. Thanks again.

Offline billdoejankins

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »
Unfortunately, I have some ansen sprint front runners slotted style.  And some 15x10 rear slots.  But, I got $800 in them.  I know that's not a budget price but I can't lose on them as I would much rather keep them.  I'm in Midland, Tx.  If you or anyone is interested let me know.  They came off a 1969 Nova. No tires. 

Offline jrod12

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »
Unfortunately, I have some ansen sprint front runners slotted style.  And some 15x10 rear slots.  But, I got $800 in them.  I know that's not a budget price but I can't lose on them as I would much rather keep them.  I'm in Midland, Tx.  If you or anyone is interested let me know.  They came off a 1969 Nova. No tires.

Too rich for by blood but will keep them in mind & spred the word. Got any pics of them?

Tags: