AuthorTopic: Blackwater's coupe's getting fat  (Read 40974 times)

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: Blackwater's coupe's getting fat
« Reply #300 on: September 05, 2016, 02:02:39 PM »
I got the new work table fitted with new wheels and did some straightening on the shop!!

Gonna' be a lot easier to do things on this table than on that lousy little folding table.  I can mount a vise on this one and if the mood strikes me, I can put a 1/4" sheet of steel on top and use it for a welding table as well!  The new casters are rated at 400 lbs. each and we can roll this one anywhere in the shop that it'll fit!!

Jeff73 bought me one of those "Stoplight Finders" for Lockjaw!!  Gonna' get it mounted and try it out this week!!

Thanks for the help with the table, Jeff!!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber man.

Online lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    8.4%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2016, 04:44:22 PM »
I've got 3/16 plate on mine and it's as handy as a shirt pocket! I didn't mount my steel so I can turn it on its side to get through the door into the bar when it's cold
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Jeff73Mach1

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #302 on: September 07, 2016, 05:32:06 PM »
Hollis, I didn't make the Mustang show, due to a death in the exwife's family-had a sudden change of plans.  I'm sure we'll cross paths down the road.

Glad I could help on the table, wish I'd found that phillips head bit about 20 minutes sooner though

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »
I've been laid up since the first of April, so I ain't done much of anything all year.  The doc says I may be allowed to walk again before Halloween.  I did buy a nice latch and handle with keys for the deck lid on Lockjaw and I finally found replacement for the headlight globe and LED that had failed, (half the LED for turn signal quit).

The latch/lock is made for truck camper shells and I finally found one that's painted instead of plated.  I think it'll look better than the Gorilla tape I've been using to keep the deck lid closed!!  8)

Online lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    8.4%
  • BOOG OUT
« Reply #304 on: August 19, 2017, 08:05:39 AM »
Glad to hear your getting better. Wondered if you was gonna make the Shoot at Sparta complex as I hadn't heard from you
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2017, 11:27:14 AM »
Ain't likely I'll make Sparta this year!!  The home club up there has obtained permission to hold their monthly matches there, and I have several friends in that club.  I have a spot at the big shoot down in Texas the end of September, but it looks like I may not get completely healed up in time for that either.

Me 'n' Jeff73machI got out yesterday and looked at some ruined Cobra parts, but it had been in a fire and gotten so hot that all of the aluminum in the car had melted down!!  The steel in the chassis clunked when I pecked on it with a hammer.  BAD JUJU!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »
I threw a best offer at a Buick V6 turbo unit and won the damned thing!!  Looks like ol' LOCKJAW will be turbo boosted when I build the 153!! I already have the head, (as mentioned previously) and a crank to grind offset for increased stroke. When I pull it down to build I hope to have rods, pistons, and a cam/valvetrain setup so that I can have the block bored and decked and put it right back together.

I MAY get to get back on my feet and back into the shop within a month and I've got lots of parts collected for several waiting projects!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:32:31 AM by Blackwater »

Online lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    8.4%
  • BOOG OUT
« Reply #307 on: August 29, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
LOCKJAW gonna be doing a Wheels up start at the drag strip? Mid to low 8's? Glad to hear your getting better.

Tags: FORDODGE 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40