AuthorTopic: CCVHS Old Fashioned BBQ and Car Show  (Read 2761 times)

miraclepieco

CCVHS Old Fashioned BBQ and Car Show
« on: September 07, 2013, 11:01:02 PM »
Tomorrow I am volunteering to organize the car show part of the Old Fashioned BBQ and Car Show, a fundraising event for the Cow Creek Valley Historical Society. Very little publicizing was done so I don't expect too many cars, mostly street rods and Corvettes. This week I solicited donations from local businesses for raffle prizes and really hit the jackpot: $100 grocery certificate, $25 Mexican dinner, free oil change and car wash, etc.; probably $1000 in goods and services.  Proceeds go to restore and maintain the Springer-Martin historical landmark house. I won't be taking my car because I'll be too busy. Here is the flyer:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:36:48 PM by miraclepieco »

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: CCVHS Old Fashioned BBQ and Car Show
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:29:50 AM »
Wish i was closer i'd go/help if needed
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

miraclepieco

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:43:19 AM »
Wish i was closer i'd go/help if needed

Hey thanks, I could have used you!  Everyone showed up at once and there was a line of cars down the street blocking traffic! 

Quite a diverse showing of cars, everything from a '31 Ford to a '65 Jag XKE. The Corvette Club arrived en masse and we filled up every last parking space. Not many rats, but that wasn't the emphasis for this event. Here are some pics (that's me in the last pic wearing the purple shirt with the microphone announcing the winners).

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:26:20 AM by miraclepieco »

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »
Very kewl man and thanks for sharing the pics. I think that was an awesome turn out and with that many cars showing up, the show will only get bigger over time.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.