AuthorTopic: 04 crown vic for parts questions?  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Kingofaces

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
04 crown vic for parts questions?
« on: November 23, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »
What all should I take? I'm pulling the 8.8 with the limited slip and disk brakes out of the car. I'm pulling the 4.6 engine to build up and throw on a carburetor. And I'm pulling the 4r75w to swap it for something else and the driveshaft to have one to have modified. I'm also pulling the seats with mounts (power seats) and the front suspension setup. Rack and pinion with ifs and coils. And the electric fans and the some light because it looks universal (ex cop car and it's completely free haha) so I think I have a really good start on a parts collection. What I'm wondering is, is there anything else you think I could use? And I'm kicking around the idea of throwing the stuff under a early 50's model ford pickup and keeping the fuel injection and trans that's in it with it and make a ratted out daily that's has all modern suspension and disk brakes and everything, with comfortable seats to match. ( also might grab the stock gauges and fiberglassing or metal working the stock vic gauges in the truck. Ideas? Suggestions?

Offline Kingofaces

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »
I meant dome light and I get to part the rest of it out to help fund the price of the truck haha

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: 04 crown vic for parts questions?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 05:57:09 PM »
You'll need the gauge cluster and the computer/wiring harness etc I put a ranger motor/tranny in my bug and needed all this stuff to make the alternator charge and the speedo to make the tranny shift. without these the computer doesn't have the needed inputs.Unless you go with an older AOD or a C6 tranny and put an after market Distributer (Pay the extra for a name brand one)carb setup.
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Kingofaces

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:29:40 PM »
If I went efi yeah. If I went carb then it would get a c6 haha

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: 04 crown vic for parts questions?
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 06:26:30 PM »
Pull and save all of the electronics and ECU. Get the steering column, shifter linkage, any throttle cables, battery tray, and every light bulb and socket, and plug you can get!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Tags: