Rat Rod Nation builds > Rat Rod Electrical Discussions

Over Heating ?

(1/7) > >>

oldskool49:
Well Blue has decided that I need a new head scratcher. Here about 2 weeks ago the Sun Temp gauge would go up to 180, her normal operating temp. Then it would jump up to 210+. Well I have changed out the thermostat, temp sending unit, radiator cap and just yesterday the temp gauge. Well the problem still exists. And when I turn on the electric fan it jumps up more.
I have a actron temp reader and the other day the gauge read 210, I opened the hood and I could put my hands on the top radiator hose and on the top tank. With the reader I got the following : top rad. hose 122, tank 112 and heads 166. So I know that she is not overheating.

Any suggestions ? leads ? something that I over looked ?

And I am going to get her some new wires. A 6 circuit fuse panel with 9 wires feeding not good.

obama:
Air in radiator, she needs to be "burped"
cap off, run car keep filling with water as needed, let warm up so you can see the water running (thermostat open) heater on full, and fill as needed. when thats done, check overflow tank/lines for your reserve, again add water so it can draw back in as needed.

if that doesn't work we look at other stuff.

Rubberhead:
Miraclepieco had a similar problem but I'm not sure what his fix was - miraclepieco, what was it???

miraclepieco:

Could there be a bad ground somewhere in the gauge wiring? The clue is that it jumps higher when you turn on the fan, putting more load on the system.

obama:
Give us an update Oldskool.
might add, hose temp. will be lower with no water flowing thru them, then jump when the water comes thru.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version