Rat Rod Nation builds > Rat Rod Engine Discussions

New power plant for Lockjaw

(1/2) > >>

Blackwater:
I'm collecting up parts for a new engine for Lockjaw. I have a new fresh built head with a heavily modified valve train and a borderline race porting job with all of the bells and whistles.  I bought a 181 ci. crankshaft for it that we will offset grind to make a longer stroke. A new acquaintance of mine has committed to making a roller cam blank that can be ground for a hydraulic roller lifter set-up.  i have an outlet for a set of H-beam, 6" rods and some .030 over forged flat top turbo pistons as well as some of the other small items needed to complete the build.

Money permitting, I'll pull the block out of the li'l feller after christmas and have it machined for all of these new parts and in the spring I'll have a fresh engine with almost twice the power and it won't look much different than it does now.

Stay tuned.  i'll do photos and commentary as I go!!

lowboy:
You'll like the MORE POWER  :P

Blackwater:
I've got a big block Chevy engine sitting in the shop that Jeff73 and I are partners on. He's said three or four times that we should stick it off in Lockjaw, but I WANT the 4banger.

This will be another exercise in "What can I do with this stuff?"

Granpascrazzy:
I vote  "FOR" the 4 banger cuz i'm cheap on the petro.......my buddY built a rat with a four and named it "CHEAPO"......IT'S the star rat of our little village.

lowboy:
When the Boog bug started it had a stock Ranger 4 cylinder with all the electronics But I NEEDED more power! Had the stock motor not been on the chip at about 80 mph I probably would have kept it as it was good on gas and reliable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version