AuthorTopic: new member  (Read 2998 times)

Offline ajo

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:33:24 PM »
hello everyone and merry Christmas.  I like the ratrod look on old cars. I have a good canadate I think. I just need further coaxing.  I can be a wild build but fun.  just wanted to say hi from the top of the world tennessee

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »
Greeting and Merry Christmas from S Illinois
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 01:21:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum, tell us about what you've got going and we can make up stuff for ya to try!!
Merry Christmas to Tennessee.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 05:41:46 PM »
Welcome from middle Tennessee!!

What part are you from??
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline ajo

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »
I am about 30 miles north of oakridge. what I want to start is a 1952 singer 9.  right hand drive. aluminum body basically. kind of looks like the old mg roadster. I have a few different axles motors and trans to choose from. the car looks like a basket case but is 90% compleat. just in a state of dissembly and rough trim. it is all compleat as far as engine and trans. not stuck but not running.needs tinkering with to run. just not had time.  it will be crazy with right had drive. power plant choices are factory 36 hp, 300 ford 6cyl, 302 ford 1970"s or 302 from the mid 80:s. trans can be 4 spd stock, 3 spd auto c4 ford, 3 spd auto with overdrive, 3 spd st shift or 3spd st shift with overdrive. also have a 4 banger ranger with a 5spd trans. rear axle is a ford 9 inch or a floating axle from a murkur xr4ti,like a vette rear axle. donor brakes will be from the murkur anyway. 4 wheel disc.. I just do not know which way I want to go.

Offline ajo

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 10:05:49 PM »
forgot to mention. I am a ford man. chevy and dodge are ok, have had meny of both, but still like the ford

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »
Welcome to the nation, it's great to meet you. Sounds like you have an awesome build planned. Can't wait to see pics.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline ajo

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »
I guess there will be a lot of it a big jigsaw puzzle.  I am going to try to leave the right hand drive intact. the first thing will be boxing the frame. to light and flexy. I can do a hydro clutch, but a left hand backward shift pattern will be odd. has anyone cut spindles off of the knuckles of a strait axle and welded donors with disc brakes on. I would like to keep wheel bolt pattern for wheels all the same

Tags: