AuthorTopic: New from Alaska  (Read 3320 times)

Offline bartsworld

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
New from Alaska
« on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:33 PM »
Hello everyone.  from Alaska and have been working on my first rat rod build .  Matter of fact first real fabrication of any such thing.  Taught myself how to weld, fabricate,  (obviously still honing my skills.) I just love cool rat rods and anything that's fast and cool.  I was in the marines for 5 years and now work in the oil patch when I can.   Price of oil puts a damper on things these days.   I just wanted to introduce myself and wonder if there are any fellow Alaskans on here?  Originally from the great state of Minnesota.  Currently almost finished with my 1930 model a coupe rat rod.  i wanted to make it really ratty but didn't like the current patina on the car so i went ahead and did flat black.    Thanks for letting me on this site.  I accidental went on to the HAMB or jalopy journal and got the feeling i was definitely in the wrong place.  Hope I fit better here.   Thanks for the add.   I will attach some pictures and hopefully become a good member.   

Respectfully,
Bartsworld

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Re: New from Alaska
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
Welcome to the nation bartsworld, it's great to meet ya. Thanks for sharing pics of your ride. Very nice build, love the stance. Sorry bout hamb, that site is full of assholes. They are just jealous that our rides draw more attention then theirs. I believe our builds are works of art and allot of what they do is cookie cutter builds. Anyways, welcome again to the nation.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline bartsworld

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »
Yes, some of the hamb guys were cool to help with my question regardless and some were rude and then with a smile.    Good to be here.  Lots of cool rides and posts ive seen in the first 20 minutes.  Now i remember again why i work to make money lol.  Rat Rods for life hahaha. 

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 06:04:06 PM »
Greetings from S.Illinois Kool ride The only negative thing said around here is about an unsafe this or that. Personally I would be mad if I did something and no one said anything! Like Hotwheels said our cars are works of art. Personalize it for you not some A$$hole who bought his. Then drive it Smiling all the time.
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:29:04 PM »
Welcome from Michigan cool ride thanks for your service!!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »
welcome to the forum!!  Looks like a great ride to me, but if it makes YOU happy, the rest don't matter!!!

Welcome from Middle Tennessee!!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »
Car look's good, you gonna need to put chains on when the snow starts?,,,,,,just joking, glad to have ya join us.

miraclepieco

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 02:20:53 AM »
Love those tail lights!  More photos please! 

Tags: coupe rat model a