AuthorTopic: Puzzle anyone?  (Read 1194 times)

Offline McLovin

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • OOOOH YEAH !!!!
  • Referrals: 1
Puzzle anyone?
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:22:30 AM »
Designed and started this over 1 1/2 years ago. I know better but I never marked the wires. Spent 2 hours chasing wires. Eric don't help, I don't work. He did the floor pieces. Got a couple more to make, then weld it up. Can't be too hard on him. They reduced his hours to 40 a week. 4-10's are a lot better than 6-12's. Just don't pay as well!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: Puzzle anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 09:30:43 PM »
Wiring is a "LOVE/HATE" thing!!  I hate the drudgery of laying it all out and bundling and terminating and color coding everything, but I LOVE seeing the finished product work and function properly!!  I spent a week's worth of days building the harnesses for Lockjaw!!  Seeing it all work was a gas!!  Seeing and hearing all of my local car buddies OOOH and AAAHH  was even better!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline McLovin

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • OOOOH YEAH !!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 12:33:41 PM »
For some reason it intimidates a lot of people. We rehabed wiring harnesses for Ambulances. They are a pain. Some companies used only white wires with stick on labels. The new ones we used had the labels printed on them every 6 or so inches. Wish I had acuired several of them today. Don't know what they cost but I'm sure they were high as heck.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 07:29:58 AM »
I usually buy colored wire in as many colors as I can find.  After I run out of solid colors for circuits, I'll take Sharpies and stripe wires as I pull them to make a harness.  I start with black and then go to red and then green. By the time I've finished with red, I've usually got enough circuits, but I've gone through the spectrum with green a couple of times when I was wiring tour busses.

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Tags: