AuthorTopic: Was looking at buying this polaris  (Read 3006 times)

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Was looking at buying this polaris
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
I ran across this 07 polaris recently and was interested in buying. The owner is wanting $6500.00 bucks for it, so i stopped by and looked. I then went to the bank and with their help, did some research on it's loan value. The loan value came in at $3100.00 dollars. That is a huge difference from what he is asking and what my credit union would be willing to say to pay for it...Kind of sucks that the owner is that far off. I am no expert on pricing these ATVs, but that price difference shocked me. I was gonna buy it and use it to move non running vehicles around and plow the snow during the winter months here. Bummer.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Greybeards Customs

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1930 Ford 2 Door
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
  • Referrals: 0
    • Greybeards customs
Re: Was looking at buying this polaris
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »
go to kbb.com then to site map at bottom of the page then click motorcycles and it will prompt you to the book value prices . give it a try
That's not dust in your eyes ...... it's RUST !!!

www.greybeardscustoms.com

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
okay, i went to kbb.com and then sent the info from that to my bank and gave them more info via email on the polaris. The bank just emailed me back and stated they didnt put all the info in their valuation guide. The value went from 3100.00 to 6800.00 Which is allot better value to me. Thanks for the heads up on the kbb.com link. I can give you a value on just about any car or truck, but motorcycles and atv's are way out of my knowledge base, so i was relying on the bank. As i stated, with the follow up, things look much better. Now to wheel and deal with the owner and see what his bottom dollar is. Kewl..

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »
LMAO, when i talked to the owner yesterday, he told me he had a signed and notarized title for the atv. I've made all the arrangements to buy it today and he tells me via text that the title isn't actually in his name yet, and wanted to know if i thought the bank would accept that. I told him there is no way a bank or any person can accept a title like that. It would look like someone stole it and was trying to get it put in their name. Told him he will have to have it put in his name or his wifes name and then i can buy it. Can't take someone elses title and get a title, dang........I'm laughing, not bithing..

Offline Rubberhead

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »
Here in Texas, all that is required is a title that has been signed by the owner listed on the title; who is using it to register the vehicle is irrelevant. I'm not sure about how that works elsewhere...

Offline bigj

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »
Don't know about all that but I had a Polaris and I beat it like a rented mule for years and sold it to a guy how beat it worse than me it never gave up.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 01:08:33 AM »
LMAO, when i talked to the owner yesterday, he told me he had a signed and notarized title for the atv. I've made all the arrangements to buy it today and he tells me via text that the title isn't actually in his name yet, and wanted to know if i thought the bank would accept that. I told him there is no way a bank or any person can accept a title like that. It would look like someone stole it and was trying to get it put in their name. Told him he will have to have it put in his name or his wifes name and then i can buy it. Can't take someone elses title and get a title, dang........I'm laughing, not bithing..

Damn son you found another.   Things are not sounding as to what they should be.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 04:20:29 AM »
Well he sent his wife to the state building to get a new title for the polaris and turns out, not only have they not put the title in their names, there is still a lien on the title. He claims that the person he bought it from just forgot to get the lien removed from the title. So right now, everything is on hold. If they come up with a clean/clear title in their names, then we'll move on with the deal.

Wyoming has really cracked down on titles in wyoming and i have had to help change one of the laws related to our hobby, when it comes to getting a title for something you are building. The process for a title isn't tough persay, but there are a few hoops you have to jump through to get a title. As for a title in someone elses name, wyoming will not issue a title in that manner. I bought my big red truck in this fashion and had to go back to the people i bought it from to get them to put the title in their names. They were trying to not pay sales tax, which i paid for them in colorado, so i could get a clear title.

Offline Greybeards Customs

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1930 Ford 2 Door
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »
Amazing
That's not dust in your eyes ...... it's RUST !!!

www.greybeardscustoms.com

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 04:31:36 AM »
Well to my suprize they got the title work done yesterday while i was at work and around 5:30 last night, i got a call that all the paper work was done. I grabbed the car trailer and brought er home last night and took er for a spin around the property........thing is fast.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »
What you bought is what was in the picture?
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Tags: