AuthorTopic: Let The Bidding Begin  (Read 2314 times)

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
Let The Bidding Begin
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
For several years I have dealt in the buying and selling of old coins and bills. So I feel that I have a good feel for what an item is worth. Well I went to an auction yesterday and everything was going for fair money, household and shop items. Then when they got to rifles that is when the fools came out. 1 rifle that new in the box would go for anywhere around $475 to $500. This one went for $560, now keep in mind, USED. After that came my area, coins and bills. Talk about a fool and his money. I did get a few items that I can make a profit on. But lets say a Morgan. wholesale would be $20 to $25. Noooo, this one dude paid $47. And for the condition true retail would be $30 to $34. On some items there was one bidder that would go against me. He was watching and smiling. He knew or I think that he knew what I was doing. Ya I will admit I was helping to inflate there value. I look at it has helping the elderly couple that was selling. Anyway he and I would get the $$$$ up there and when I backed out of the bidding he would to. It was fun.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline Rust T Nuts

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
Let The Bidding Begin
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »
I got me a nice stash of old Morgan silver dollars, they keep going up in price. Good investment, mercury dimes too..

Rat Tap Talk

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Let The Bidding Begin
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »
I'v got some silver around too,
and way to many old Winchesters.
It is amazing what some one will pay at an auction for items I would consider just silver in coins, or just parts in guns.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 09:44:11 PM »
I got me a nice stash of old Morgan silver dollars, they keep going up in price. Good investment, mercury dimes too..

Rat Tap Talk

Any that are 8 tail feathers? A real good investment. On the new walking liberty the price that I bought them at they have easily doubled plus in value. I was bidding on a Morgan the other night and when I went to bed I was high bidder at $33, but when I got to check on it I had lost. It went for $445.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »
I'v got some silver around too,
and way to many old Winchesters.
It is amazing what some one will pay at an auction for items I would consider just silver in coins, or just parts in guns.

FYI. The dimes are worth the very least $2.32 and that is up to 64.

Tags: