AuthorTopic: My wake up call in the middle of the night  (Read 7732 times)

Offline Greybeards Customs

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1930 Ford 2 Door
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
  • Referrals: 0
    • Greybeards customs
My wake up call in the middle of the night
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:17:59 AM »
I received a call from the alarm company late last night to find out that my custom wheel store had been burglarized and my office ransacked . I try so hard to make an honest living and this is what I get . As I told my wife , the people that did this have been in my store looking around during open hours and that means that I was nice to the son of a bitch that did this to me , that pisses me off as much as any of the damage that was done . This is a sucky start to the week to find out that I have a giant hole in my building and $10,000 plus dollars worth of merchandise stolen and an unknown amount worth of damage to all my display cases and building .
That's not dust in your eyes ...... it's RUST !!!

www.greybeardscustoms.com

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

miraclepieco

Re: My wake up call in the middle of the night
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:24:09 AM »
Damn I hate thieves.  I'm sorry this happened to you.  Will your insurance cover any of the loss?  Unlikely the police will recover any of it. Keep an eye on Craigslist for attempts to sell the stolen merchandise. Again, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:28:47 AM by miraclepieco »

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 12:43:39 AM »
I think insurance will take care of it , but the police say I have to keep the doors locked until the finger print guys get here sometime on monday , guess I will spend the night here with a giant ass hole in the wall . So if any of you guys that are up my phone # is at the bottom of this post , I will be up all night .
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:45:13 AM by Greybeards Customs »

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline Rubberhead

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:57:36 AM »
That totally sucks and I know exactly how you feel as I've had two break-ins to my home since 2006 and the first time it was someone that I thought was a friend. There's little worse than a f%#@&$g thief. I sure hope that they catch the bastards...

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:04:07 AM »
Man Greg that sucks hope they catch the SOB's
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 08:00:17 AM »
wow greg, that is some fucked up shit right there. I can stand just about any type of person and bullshit they can hand out, but i can't stand thieves. That is the lowest form of life in my opinion. A person works their entire life to make a nice place for people to come and get products or work done, only to have some asshole do what they did to your store. I hope the police stay involved and catch the fuckers that did this. I would think with that much damage, they left something behind that identifies who the pricks were/are. Very sorry to see this man.....fuck.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »
I hope that the rat basterd's left plenty of evidence for the police. Yes to craigs list, flea markets and any other trade magazine to keep an eye out. From the looks of the stereo display the idiots did damage to the merchandise trying to get it out . You are right about one thing the did case out your store. Probably been in there more than once. And being the piss ant that they are they have more than likely driven by just to see. Now is the time for KARMA to raise her ugly head and do JUSTICE!
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
I am going on 32 hours now without sleep waiting on the brick masons to finish repairing my store wall . The last time I was up this long it involved some gambling and nude women .
 Doug ,  I saw the facebook post you made about my situation , thanks , very nice  . Rodger called me last night at my shop at about 2 am to check on me and give me some company while I was on guard duty . Thanks to both of you for above and beyond friendship , good guys on this forum , nice to be a member .

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline bigj

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 04:29:53 PM »
Sorry to hear couple years ago they took out the front of my building and took a lowrider I had if the dumb awipes would have checked the service door wasn't locked. Never recovered.

Offline NitroMidgets

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »
I hope they live a long life, just after experiencing a horrific accident that leaves them crippled in a way that every second of the remainder of their life is spent in agonizing pain. Not to be too much trouble but while they are enduring that perhaps it isn't too much to ask that they be housed in a nursing home, one of those horrible ones you'd see on 20/20 or Dateline. After all, it is cheaper to keep them in a nursing home then it is prison.

Outside of my home is a sign that reads "Nothing inside worth you're life".

At least I live in a state where they know a person can kill them and get away with it. Good luck with recovering your stuff.

Offline BobA

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 05:43:10 AM »
Sorry to hear. Nothing worse in life than a thief. Hope you get them.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 08:07:19 AM »
No problem greg, i hope someone reads my post and knows who did this and turns them into the police..........Kind of pissed me off all day yesterday thinking about people doing this to y'all.......

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »
well I talked with the claims agent today , I get to see the adjuster tomorrow , we will see how it goes . I was able to reopen for business just after lunch today and I did manage to squeek out a sale on a set of 18's so it was a decent day . :D

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »
Right on greg, that is awesome news.......I damn sure hope the police keep working on this and not let it fall to the side. You know if these people would break through your wall, they'll hit someone else.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »
Good to hear that you are getting back into business. The one thing about idiots is that they start to grow balls. Get a little bold and aggressive. Then someone gets hurt. Like all hope that they get caught and soon.

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 11:43:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about this Greg, I was out of town and am just catching up.
Really makes me mad and disappointed that that type of a break in happened anybody, much less to a guy like you.
Thru the wall would seam to indicate a determined group.  Hope it turns out OK.

Offline Rust T Nuts

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
My wake up call in the middle of the night
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
That just sucks, I hope they get the rotten bastards

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »
A little more good news and bad news , The good news is we were able to find some blood drops on some of the broken glass from the display cases , it looked like CSI with all the swabbing and collecting going on . Now the bad news , I just found a hole in the very back of my shop , a seperate building , that had the metal pulled back and they were able to steal 16  custom wheels that were in the back of the storage area . the wheels were stacked in such a way that it was blocking the motion sensors . So now we can add another $4k to the total bringing it to almost $20k . I sure hope all those years of insurance premiums comes through for me .

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 11:43:35 PM »
Must have had a truck, and a big hammer.
Hope insurance does ya right.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 04:29:29 AM »
I hope your insurance company does you right too.......i also hope that the police look at the crime seriously and find the people that did this. You don't do this much damage and not get caught.......

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 08:53:03 AM »
Like all of us, we want Justice. It may not be swift, but Justice needs to be served.

Offline zpi28

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »
Damn Greg, Ive been off here for a while and now I come back to this shit. I sure hope those scum bags get there asses caught. Maybe the next person will have some buck shot waiting on the other side for them. Sorry for all the loss and hope the insurance company will get you straight.

Steven
64 Chevrolet C10, SBC/TH350, Driving Builder..

miraclepieco

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 01:03:32 AM »
Any updates on this Greg?  Did they catch the perps?  Did your insurance come through?

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 06:45:41 AM »
no , they have not been caught yet . Maybe they will catch them , but the insurance paid for everything less a little depreciation on a few of the store fixtures and my deductable . It ended up with just over $16k coming in from the insurance co. Good news is I am back in business with everything but my car audio but I have decided to not stock so much equipment there anymore , it allowed me to scale that back and move ahead in some other areas .

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline Large_time

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
  • "Life is short, Live it LARGE"
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 08:37:03 AM »
Just seeing this thread. That sucks. Not much worse than thieves.

Would you be willing to post up some lost inventory, like the styles or serial numbers if they have them?

I would also recommend posting a Wanted ad in a nearby Craigslist/Backpage (Not yours) looking for some wheels. (Criminals/Lot Lizards love Backpage.com C-List is too mainstream)

Some points to hit in your post.

1. Be specific in your post. "I am looking for a set of front wheels (insert model number or style) for a project I have." (The Title) WANTED: Rims... WhAt U GoT fOr Me?

2. Sell it that you’re really looking for the specific wheel. " I had 4 of these wheels but my Wife decided to drive my truck into a curb after a night of drinking and ruined 2 of them."

3. Add this statement: "Please don’t waste my time, I am a cash buyer and will drive to you to pick the rims up"

4. Add some "Thief" to your post: Mis-spell words, don’t use much punctuation, UsE SoMe, WIERD, tExT On YOur PoST.. (Dumb shits understand this and it lends to your credibility) See point 1.

5. Add pictures of the wheels you want, these dumb shits are trying to move your stuff quick because the longer it sits around the higher probability of it getting them caught up... and yeah, even these cowards fear getting caught. Use that fear to exploit them.

6. Don’t ask how they got them, that is a Cop question, don't challenge them at all, don’t ask for an address too quickly. Put the ball in their court, give them the false sense that they are in charge... it’s tough to act dumb but say something like, " So, I get paid this Friday and will have the cash that night, can I call you to set this up? I'm going to be off this shitty job at 6 and I will call you, is that cool Bro?

A key to identifying your thieifs is to establish some rapport with them on the phone, tell them about how your Wife is still in the dog house for being a such an idiot and wrecking your ride. Volunteer during the first phone call what you do for a living as casual as possible, " Can you hold on for a second?... Sorry, I was in the freezer, my boss has me stacking an entire truck of inventory this morning." These paranoid shits were scared to call you in the first place, convince them that you are not a cop because they know are... Have a rehearsed back story.

Get yourself a burner phone, Tracfone, Magic Jack or something like that to contact them. You will need to travel a little bit of distance to buy one, if you buy it close to your area it will have a preprogrammed area code in it, or when you activate it be a little distance from your area to get the system to register your new number as a different area code... That way they are less suspicious when they call you. Put the burner phone number in your post... (tell them the hours that your shitty job requires you to work) Texts are OK too... These guys will be very cautious to talk on the phone but their motivation for cash/dope/whatever will drive them to get over that.

Or you can get a Google number and forward it to your phone, but that is a little more complicated and could tip them off if you miss the call and they hear the  Google Girl say "Please wait, while the Google subscriber is contacted"... These shits are going to be nervous about any encounter selling these.

If you believe that they know your voice or you should get a good friend to do all your dirty dealings with them.

Go check out every lead you get, show up, look it over and if they are yours buy them.
Have the purchase cash with you, record or copy the serial numbers of the bills that you hand over. Call the cops, bad guy gets nabbed with the hot merchandise that you have seen in his garage or wherever and you get your documented cash back…. Or just call the cops on them after you leave.

Or option 3… your call on how you handle it.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune to have your things taken from you, good luck hunting.

"Life is Short, Live it LARGE"
www.facebook.com/LargeTimeFab