AuthorTopic: New from Texas  (Read 4869 times)

Offline LuckyFord

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
New from Texas
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »
New from Texas

Offline dcacjc

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: New from Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:40:38 PM »
Welcome to the nation!!

Where in Texas, I am in north Texas
David

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:28:10 AM »
Welcome to the Nation Lucky Ford. Texas a whole lotta country. Me formally Dallas, Richardson.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:45:18 AM »
Welcome to the nation, it's great to meet ya......
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:01:10 AM »
welcome to the nation luckyford look around ask questions and if we don't know we'll lie to you :P LOL
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline LuckyFord

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 03:39:27 PM »
Thanks. I am starting my first full build. it is a 1930 model a sedan tudor. it was a started project that was abandoned by owner. body is chopped 5", sitting on 33 coupe frame pinched to meet width. most of sheet metal is there and I got a truck load of extra pieces to work with. rear end is converted to spring behind and dropped. gm 10 bolt. front end is drop I beam, drop spring, drop cross member. no drivetrain yet.

I am completely new to this style chassis and am now just trying to figure out what I do have, and how it was meant to be used. I don't want to waste any of the good parts I was given or cut them unnecessarily. I have been looking for good pics of steering assembly, four links for rear end, etc.

Any help, links, advice, will be greatly appreciated. I have built motors and jeeps but this is a whole new ball game. I have wanted one of these my whole life, now I have her!

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 04:06:54 PM »
we have some exellent talent here  Pix of stuff might help sort it out.just kidding about lieing to you this web site will help in all kinds of ways just ask  several are pro builders
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Rubberhead

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 04:38:47 PM »
Welcome LuckyFord! Your build sounds a lot like mine, also a '30 Model A Tudor Sedan - mine is chopped 5.5" and I'm building my own frame though. Where in Texas are you? I'm in Del Rio, due west of San Antonio right on the Texas/Mexico border.

Lowboy is right, there is some excellent talent here and ditto on the pics of your stuff.

Offline LuckyFord

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 05:00:07 PM »
I'm in central TX. Temple Waco Area. About half way between Austin and Dallas off IH35.

Offline LuckyFord

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
I added pics to profile, I think, still learning here, never used forums either. total rookie here :)

Offline Rubberhead

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »
You've got some great spare parts; most of which are easily sellable, especially the firewall - if I hadn't modified mine, I'd certainly be interested in it. I think that Large_Time might be interested in that back panel for his sedan converted truck. Looks like you've got a great start.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "what the hell should I do with this thing" - you'll figure it out, we all do at some point...

There's plenty of help available here; trust me, that's how I've been learning...

Offline LuckyFord

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
Ya I did score on all the extra parts, actually got three firewalls. one that is in it now, a bone stock one, and a so cal one with square recess stamped in. three butt panels cut to make a delivery style door ? six doors, many door cut sections, misc window frames, awesome deep truck grill, on and on. He spent years collecting from swap meets etc. With what is in pics what would you estimate I should have paid for it?

Offline Rubberhead

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 04:55:16 AM »
I have no idea as I haven't really priced any parts other than what I've bought for mine so far, but I'm sure that someone here could give you an idea. I'd be interested in any '30-'31 door window parts as all of mine are missing and a windshield frame if you have a spare as Mine is pretty mangled.

Offline LuckyFord

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 10:55:08 AM »
I will be happy to trade off any parts I am not using. Problem is I don't know what some of it is. 4 of the doors I have look like a whole set of front and rear that match, but they don't fit my sedan, they might be from the 33 coupe the frame came from. I think I am just going to try to use some of the handles and hardware from these. I only have one windshield frame. Will have 2 extra fire walls.

Offline Large_time

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
  • "Life is short, Live it LARGE"
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »
Welcome!

Texan here, but transplanted to Michigan to show these folks what BBQ is.... Ha Ha!

Yeah, im in for a back half of the cab depending on price and condition.

I was just in Texas for 2 weeks and in Del Rio too! Dang... Would have been awesome to check out your ride RubberHead!

Next time, and we will take the boat out and catch some of those bass if the lake has some water in it.
"Life is Short, Live it LARGE"
www.facebook.com/LargeTimeFab

Tags: