AuthorTopic: Ghostridersixseven in the Nation...  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Ghostridersixseven

Ghostridersixseven in the Nation...
« on: October 03, 2021, 11:08:05 AM »
Hello to all you fellow Rats. Glad to be part of the nation. I'm a custom car lover, cars and trucks of all kinds.  I will walk right by yet another stock example of any vehicle to look over a custom job. Fascinated by rat rods too. The immense creativity that goes into them is astonishing. Pure art.

I'm 63, retired US Army, 30 years service, combat veteran OIF/OEF, father & grandfather, I live in Western Central Vermont on 11 acres situated between dairy farms. Very scenic. We keep two donkeys, three sheep, one dog, two cats, two ducks, and 14 chickens. lol.
My current effort is a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 that has been greatly modified. Not a pure 'Rat Rod' per say,  so I hope I don't get thrown out of here. I have been wrenching and fabricating on it since 2014, about a year before retiring from the service,  and part of it is painted, the front clip, and the rest is about to be painted in a week or so when the weather clears up.
I'll start a build thread and post up the story. Thanks for having me here!  Ghost.
"  Build it like you want to, drive it like you stole it."

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: Ghostridersixseven in the Nation...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 09:58:16 PM »
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!!

Look around!  Ask questions!!  Have fun!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 06:37:10 AM »
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!!

Look around!  Ask questions!!  Have fun!!
Hey there!  Are you anywhere near Greenfield, TN?  Have you heard of Phoenix Specialty Coatings there? A fantastic powder coater. Leanna and crew do fabulous work, museum quality. Anyway thanks for the welcome, I was beginning to wonder if this was a dead site...lol. Covid has put a cramp on so many of our past times..
Ghost.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 07:12:37 AM »
Greenfield is about an hour west of here.  Maybe a little more.  Rode motorcycles through there many times.

Traffic is a little slow here lately.  Everybody seems occupied with other stuff.  Looks like lots of folks looking in, but not much gets posted.
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline McLovin

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • OOOOH YEAH !!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 02:01:58 PM »
Welcome to the nation, from one Army vet to another. 1984- 1988 active and 1988 to 1993 Illinois National Guard. Flood of '93 was my breaking point.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 03:25:03 PM »
Welcome to the nation, from one Army vet to another. 1984- 1988 active and 1988 to 1993 Illinois National Guard. Flood of '93 was my breaking point.

Thanks! Appreciate your sacrifice. Mother Nature can really kick up her heels when she has a mind to...

Tags: