AuthorTopic: Lincoln 210 mp welder  (Read 2389 times)

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Lincoln 210 mp welder
« on: March 02, 2018, 08:25:32 AM »
Well I have a Lincoln 210 mp welding machine and using it yesterday was very frustrating. The wire sucks back onto the tip, ruining it. Continues to birds nest inside the machine. I spent like 2 hrs trying to troubleshoot it. Finally contacted Lincoln about the issue and hopefully the come up with something.
Never, ever had these types of issues with my Hobart machine. I’ve burn tons of wire with that machine. May end up having to bring out the ole Hobart. Kind of sucks cause there was a lot of positive reviews on this Lincoln 210 mp machine.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: Lincoln 210 mp welder
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 03:17:23 PM »
Sounds like a bad liner!!  It could also be the wrong size tip.  If it is burning back into the tip, the wire isn't feeding fast enough for the heat range.  If the tip is too large, the voltage spikes because it is arcing from the tip to the wire.

Check the wire feed with the gas off and the heat turned all the way down. You're not trying to weld.  If the wire feeds jerky or you hear or feel it dragging in the liner, you need a new liner.  Remove the tip from the stinger and slide it onto your wire.  It should slide freely and still fit tightly on the wire. 

Once you get the feed problem worked out, you'll throw rocks at that Hobart!!  A TweeCo hose and gun are my choice to go with this, or any unit!!  I'm currently using an ancient Linde that I've had a bunch of work done on, including a new TweeCo gun.  I've 'bout got it trained to do what I want!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:04:38 AM »
I think I got it. I change the “run in” and reset the machines computer. I was finally able to do some decent welding yesterday. Appreciate the ideas, and I did go and purchased some .030 tips just to make sure my tips weren’t the issue.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 12:44:36 PM »
This old Linde has a stitch and spot control knob.  Every once in a while, someone will accidentally hit that knob and change it to stitch.  ALWAYS takes me a good five minutes to figure it out!! ::)
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »
I’m guessing that’s what happened. Was pretty dang frustrating figuring that out. 12 seconds of welding sucked.

Tags: