AuthorTopic: 300+ members  (Read 2593 times)

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
    • Don't Like It Don't Read It
300+ members
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:25 PM »
Look at that over 300 people on the web site now....just think how much info we could have if we could get all the facebook fans on the site...how can we convince them all to sign up? Anybody got suggestions?
Take a kid to a car or bike show...pass the hobby on to the next generation

Just because the paint is flat, don't make it a rat

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Dont underestimate me or I'll prove you wrong
Re: 300+ members
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:49:57 PM »
Maybe they are worried that there cars arent good enough???  IDK,  you guys are soo helpfull and informative when it comes to problem solving, thats why I love the Nation!  how many rat rods do you think are out there?

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 04:27:27 PM »
I have tried and tried.......I just think allot of people don't like forums much anymore, they are into social media where everything seems immediate.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
Yeah I guess when they are seeing the NATION from social networks....maybe the radio show tomorrow night will get some people in ... 8)

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
I made another post on Facebook today and it still doesn't draw much attention. Makes me wonder sometimes if people friend the nation just for friendship counts. I even started posting as a link so the request can be shared.....either way though, I feel I have met some great people here and wouldn't trade that for a million members that don't post or share. Look at our members, they are awesome people and will be good friends. So sometimes it may come to quality of members verses quality. With that said, we may be better off this way....just my current .02. Sure I would love to see this site grow in leaps and bounds, but it appears the almost 3,000 Facebook friends are just there to increase there friendship counts. We'll see.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
I to would like to see the site grow, and different parts of the county sharing up coming events, mostly because the people seem real nice. Ezerat comes to mind when I think of someone I'd like to meet, but it's a long way from here to there, but a good site of this size may be better than some of the others I'v heard of that have more people.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
I am starting to think why worry with quantity whenwe got quality. I was just hoping to get more quality people to post builds and the such...But whay we have going here is not duplicated on any other site. I have met some great people on here and am just glad that I happened across the site. ..So I guess we are better off with a small number of GREAT members.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »
I agree with growth. Maybe  for some it is seasonal. Others they just burned at the H.A.M.B ? or some other site? Maybe lurkin to see what happens? Or they want all there eggs in 1 or  2 baskets. Then again it may be there perseption and had a bad experiance at a show or cruiz ? A number of reasons. But best of all to help recruit  comes from us. And word of mouth. I know from past expierance I was active at more than 1. But for whatever reason I moved and didnt renew my fingers to a key board. Man let me get off of this Royal Purple box. I know I'm old. Man I need to go home and uncover my girl and drive. Or go back to Car Town... 8)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:55:28 PM by oldskool49 »
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Tags: