AuthorTopic: Custom Sunday  (Read 1511 times)

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Custom Sunday
« on: June 19, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »
This is more of a resto than custom but it looked so good.The guy bought it off evil bay from California. It was in the forestry department as it had a tag saying so. He has over 2000 hrs in it. Still runs on flathead 6. Modified an electric overdrive to fit the transfer case. Also put a cruise control for drivability. Got the intieor from Indiana. Grafted rear window out of a Ranger so he could have a sliding rear glass and a sunroof to replace a poorly installed RV vent.Also has a factory installed PTO driven winch. Saw this at the Sessor home coming carshow.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:13:08 AM by lowboy »
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: Custom Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »
NICE!!  My FC 170 is my avatar!  It has a Dual Rear Wheel setup and a 1 ton front end with disc brakes.  The new 4L60E transmission incomplete as well as a Dana 20 transfer case. I'm building a wicked 406" small block Chevy engine with LT1 induction and many modifications.

If you've never driven one of these, you just can''t imagine the sensation you get going down a steep hill.

It was my daily driver several years ago with the flatty six and a three speed.  It was a little anemic!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:54:51 PM by Blackwater »
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Tags: