AuthorTopic: 5,000 Signatures Needed  (Read 2942 times)

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
5,000 Signatures Needed
« on: January 26, 2013, 02:35:46 AM »

UPDATE

5,000 Signatures Needed for White House Petition to Save Johnson Valley OHV Area

An effort to save the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) recreation area in California has been launched to prevent the unnecessary expansion of the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base.  A coalition of organizations, including the SEMA Action Network (SAN), has initiated a petition requesting support from the White House.  The petition requests that “our government encourage the Marines to work with the public  . . . to meet training objectives instead of closing this land to the public forever.” Nearly 20,000 enthusiasts have signed the petition, leaving just over 5,000 more to reach the 25,000 required signatures by February 14.

We Urge You to Sign the Petition Now
•The Marines want to expand its base at Twentynine Palms to add nearly 147,000 acres of adjacent land owned by the federal government.  However, the land is a designated OHV recreation area and home to “King of the Hammers” and other OHV events throughout the year.

•Due to the efforts of the SAN and other land use groups, continued OHV access to Johnson Valley has been guaranteed for now by the U.S. Congress, which is requiring the Marines to study alternative ways to share the area with the OHV community without taking ownership of the land.  The study must be presented to Congress on or before April 2, 2013. While the provision has provided a delay in the acquisition process, the fight to save Johnson Valley is not over.

Don’t Delay! Click here to sign the petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/save-johnson-valley-ohv-area-be-fiscally-responsible-stop-29-palms-marine-base-expansion-keep-public/5r0C7Xw4

Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow off-road enthusiasts.  Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.

8)
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Re: 5,000 Signatures Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 04:53:06 AM »
I submitted mine yesterday.......
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline mdracers

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:22:43 AM »
I just signed it and shared it on my facebook!

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:05:44 AM »
just signed it
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:50:07 AM »
Thanks guy's.

8)