AuthorTopic: 1951 Chevrolet on S10 frame  (Read 48602 times)

Offline hollisc10

1951 Chevrolet on S10 frame
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »
Who is that guy - Chip Foose?
Lol don't know but looks as tho he is losing his hair up top.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »
Got the cab mounts done and the front end mocked up. Need to adjust the hood a bit more and then set the front end for good. I'll pull it all apart and get the engine and trans in maybe next week.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 09:52:40 PM »

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 06:28:29 PM »
Front end is where I wanted so I made brackets and got them on. I like seeing them without the jack under the front end! I also went and got metal to make the engine mounts and running board mounts today. I had planned on making the motor mounts today but took me a nap after work and didn't get to them maybe tomorrow!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Re: 1951 Chevrolet on S10 frame
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 08:58:40 AM »
Awesome
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 11:30:10 AM »

Got a donor cab for a dash and few little things.
Blazer rear end is in a long with new shocks and brake lines. Pulled the front end back off so I'll get the new shocks on and sway bar links on and try to fill some firewall holes so I can get the engine in!

miraclepieco

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 01:33:44 PM »
I could use some inside door opener mechanisms if you have any spares - especially the older style with the rod connected to the base of the triangle.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 08:45:03 PM »
I could use some inside door opener mechanisms if you have any spares - especially the older style with the rod connected to the base of the triangle.

That's the older ones 47/48 they are harder to find and actually run in the channel made into the door. Why GM didn't do all them that way I'll never know. I won't have any of those but might have a set of 49^ I'll just have to dig around and look.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2016, 08:49:58 PM »
I got the new shocks on the front and sway bar links in. I mad some motor mounts and got the engine kinda in place for now I'd like to get a drive shaft and get it in before I set it for good. Might try to get one this weekend and try to get the stuff for the steering column.
I threw that eBay header on but don't have the column shaft to see if they will clear hope to get some parts this weekend. I still got holes to fill in the firewall but I'll get them!

miraclepieco

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »

That's the older ones 47/48 they are harder to find and actually run in the channel made into the door. Why GM didn't do all them that way I'll never know. I won't have any of those but might have a set of 49^ I'll just have to dig around and look.

That's them.  Some people call them "the upside-down ones."

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 03:36:54 PM »
Been gone a few weeks!!  You got it goin' on!!  Looking good!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 07:40:20 PM »

That's them.  Some people call them "the upside-down ones."
Looked this weekend and I don't have any. If you get latches to make sure they are for the door striker you have. 47-50 are the same for door latch and striker 51-55 are different than the earlier ones cause they have a push button door handle.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
Been gone a few weeks!!  You got it goin' on!!  Looking good!!

Welcome back! Thanks brother!

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2016, 07:44:45 PM »
Engine mounts are done and trans crossmember made and in. I didn't get my drive shaft like I wanted but set everything up for the one I know works 47.5" ford ranger works well just have to use the universal u-joints.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »
Well I was really disappointed when I peeled the old windshield rubber out and seen all the rot in the cowl of the cab. It's a good thing I bought the old blue can cause I'm having to cut it up to fix this junker. This has been the worst cab I've seen yet but I've almost got it in good shape. I'm hoping to get it welded up and the dash in by the weekend if it works out!

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »
Cowl is welded in and holes in the firewall patched up. Got to get the dash in and clean it all up this weekend. I've got a four day weekend so I might get some work done if I don't get to lazy!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2016, 07:55:52 AM »
Wow, very nice repair.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2016, 09:03:20 AM »
LOOKIN' GREAT!!  Nice save on the windshield frame!!

I got's to rearrange the shop some this weekend.  I rescued a big 4' X 8' table that'll work great as a shop table. It needed some new casters which I bought from Harbour Freight and a little cleaning up.

It has lots of storage and it's gorilla stout!!

Hey Hollis!!  You gonna' make the Somerset show this month??

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2016, 07:39:22 PM »

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 07:42:11 PM »
LOOKIN' GREAT!!  Nice save on the windshield frame!!

I got's to rearrange the shop some this weekend.  I rescued a big 4' X 8' table that'll work great as a shop table. It needed some new casters which I bought from Harbour Freight and a little cleaning up.

It has lots of storage and it's gorilla stout!!

Hey Hollis!!  You gonna' make the Somerset show this month??

I was almost ready to haul the old cab off but glad I didn't! Yea I'm hoping to be at the cruise if everything goes ok. Are you going to make the Shades of the Past show in Pigeon Forge? I'm coming down Saturday morning to goof off the day.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2016, 08:17:58 AM »
This retirement thing is kickin' my A$$!!  I've been commandeered for an event on Sat. the 10th.

I'm still recovering financially from the big vacation trip and getting used to a totally fixed, both members of the family retired income.

I have one more major Cowboy shooting event planned, (I paid for it back in the early spring) and i'll be playing and popping up at the car shows I can reach.

Me and Jeff are kicking around trying to make the Sep. show, but i discovered a leaking water heater yesterday and that $400.00 expense will probably put the kybosh on those plans.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »
This retirement thing is kickin' my A$$!!  I've been commandeered for an event on Sat. the 10th.

I'm still recovering financially from the big vacation trip and getting used to a totally fixed, both members of the family retired income.

I have one more major Cowboy shooting event planned, (I paid for it back in the early spring) and i'll be playing and popping up at the car shows I can reach.

Me and Jeff are kicking around trying to make the Sep. show, but i discovered a leaking water heater yesterday and that $400.00 expense will probably put the kybosh on those plans.

Congrats on finally getting to retire! Sucks to only have so much income but I'm sure you will adjust and find a way to make the best of it! I'm sure we will run into each other at some point. Txt or call me if you do make it up this way.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2016, 10:23:32 PM »
Got my shifter today and got it installed. I also got new brake lines ran for the whole truck just like finishing the connections to the master cylinder and the will be done. I did get the brake booster mounted today and the drive shaft in with new universal joints. I was hoping to get some of the trans tunnel bent and in place today but it didn't happen.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »
Got more work done on the rusty old sled today. I finished the brake lines and got the steering column in and all the mounts done for it. I also got the steering linkage in that came out of the jeep Cherokee it seems to fit good with no modifications other than melting the plastic out of it so it could be extended out. I also got the headers on and the front clip back on with the hood! Seemed like I made good progress today even though I got a late start. A buddy is trying to get one of his trucks finished so I am selling my wheels to him I'll replace them with the same style.

Offline hollisc10

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »
I found some time today to get the trans tunnel in and mostly welded. I also got a friend of mine to fix my door bottoms so I won't have to do them this time!

Tags: