AuthorTopic: ratrod registration or insurance  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Webn237

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
ratrod registration or insurance
« on: September 19, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
For registration and insurance how would you go about doing it? Would you use the vin on the cab of the ratrod? Or im planning on taking a ford ranger or s10 and building off that. Should I just use the ranger/s10 as my registation/insurance?

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: ratrod registration or insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »
Do you have a title for your cab? Where do you live ? Use a S10or Ranger...NO way! First time you get stopped(and you will) the first thing the cops gonna say is"This ain't no ......." Your not gonna win that arguement!
Insurance can be obtained from just about any Insurance company. Some won't insure rats but will do Hot rods. Specialized insurance will get you full coverage for about what you'll pay for liability at a normal company
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Webn237

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
I live in wisconsin and I dont have a cab yet. I wanted to get information before I go and start buying the stuff. So you mean no way to the s10/ranger as register it as them. But it is ok to build off them right?

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:40:59 AM »
Yes you can build on the frame. All states are different on how they handle builds. In the end, they may give you a custom vin so when you are pulled over, it will show what the ride is. It's not a big deal, just time consuming. At least it is here in Wyoming.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Tags: