AuthorTopic: Ridiculous  (Read 3883 times)

miraclepieco

Ridiculous
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:42:05 PM »
I like so-called "patina" vehicles, and I realize they have gained popularity. However to actually pay MORE for a rusty vehicle than a finish-painted comparable one is just stupid.

Below are two nearly identical trucks listed on Ebay. Both are by the same seller, same town, same auction end time, same wheels and tires, etc. The only difference: one is straight and immaculately painted, the other dented and rusty. The painted truck currently is bid up to $8600; the rusty truck is at $13,900.

This has gotten out of hand.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:47:39 PM by miraclepieco »

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 04:50:20 AM »
Theres more interest in Ratrods now than those cookie cutter Hotrods. Anyone can build a hotrod outta China built parts,but it takes a special skill set to build one and not screw up the patina!
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »
That's crazy. I like both, but the painted one if done right, should be allot higher on bid price right now.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Russ52

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:56:43 PM »
I like them both but the one with the cleaner paint job won't get hasseled by the heat like the natural finished one. Thats the way it is down here in south Miss. thats just the way it is. I'm a Tractor Supply black matt man myself.

Tags: