AuthorTopic: Knock off distributor  (Read 1563 times)

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Knock off distributor
« on: July 05, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »
Agghh I'm ready to scream! >:( Everything on this MSD look alike is screwed up! >:(The control module is for a GM Holden and is avalible only in Australia and New Zealand The rotor broke and I and a parts guy spent an hour Friday nite going through boxes trying to match up a rotor No Freaking luck! >:( Lesson learned Don't be a cheap/tight ass and buy good after market stuff!!! Went to call the tech line and crap there closed for the 4th So I took the Galaxie to the carshow and got a 2nd place.Monday morning I would hate to be that poor smoo on the other end of the line as I'm putting MsDee on it!!! :P He won't know what hit him! :o She could sell a freezer to an Eskimo
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline just old

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Knock off distributor
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 12:19:11 PM »
I got a hei from amazon when in pretty good . used a chev alt. for one wire thru a solenoid on the fire wall everything seems to work motor is running . I problem I am having is I can not get the clutch bleed , should have gone automatic but drive train was free . good luck

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Knock off distributor
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »
had an old Ranger pickup that wouldn't bleed,I got mad and started punching the pedal really fast and all of a sudden i started getting pedal :o Think maybe they need pressure to bleed? IDK
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Tags: