Rat Rod Nation builds > Rat Rod Frame/Suspension/Brake Q&A

Frame tolerance

(1/2) > >>

notw:
Got my frame built....i did not have a jig or an acorn table to weld it on so the garage floor it is.....its within an 1/8" of being square probably a 1/16" really and the heights etc. For my kickup all seem correct but I have a substantial rock from front to back corners like 9/16". Should I worry about that? I do think it is amplified a little by where the finished frame is sitting on the concrete floor but it has pulled  from welding none the less.

just old:
I would run a string line or something straight on the floor to check it for level as best you can .
you could put a good piece of angle iron on the rail it self and see if it is straight .
the 1/8 of and inch will not hurt any thing because when your suspension is put on you will need to make everything sq then .
were you step up the frame in the front are you going to gusset the top and bottom for reinforcrement ?
the frame looks good

notw:
It will get fish plates on sides and gusseted on the bottom......we are swamped at work so waiting on  the engineers to draw up all my brackets and gusset so I can have them waterjetted.in the mean time I set the cab on and axles around it to get some motivation.

just old:
what are you using for spring in the front . looks like you have a plan

notw:
It's a "suicide" front end with a 31" reverse eye spring.......looks like the bottom of the cab will be about 7.5" from the ground anyone think that's too much I really don't want to channel it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version