AuthorTopic: Nick Arias BBC Hemi heads  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Powellbr

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
Nick Arias BBC Hemi heads
« on: January 27, 2017, 03:12:31 PM »
Hi all, so I seen these heads and was wondering if they're worth it. I'm going to build either a 427 or 496 big block with a Whipple 305 series supercharger with their intercooled intake manifold with mounts for fuel injectors and rails and a coil near plug ignition system using a Speartech 58x LS style EMS system. Rotating assembly will he a completely forged assembly, cam is going to be a Comp Cams hydraulic roller that specs read intake duration of 224 @ .050 tappet lift, exhaust duration of 236 @ .050, intake valve lift of .537, exhaust valve lift of .547, and a lobe separation angle of 113*.

The car this motor is going in will be a 1971 Chevelle SS with a T56 Magnum with a hydraulic slave cylinder, triple disc clutch, upgrades input shaft, a PPG dog gear conversion kit for 1-4 gears, and the pads on the shift forks are gonna be upgraded to bronze pads. I'm going to have the ifs converted to C6 corvette parts and the rear end converted to gen 5 Camaro style, its also going to be upgraded with BMR trailing arms, lower control arms, toe rods, along with the bushings, and the diff is gonna be a Lingenfelter 241mm unit with Driveshaft Shop axles and driveshaft. Fuel system is gonna consist of a 20-25 gallon tank with an in-tank E85 compatible fuel pump, a swirl pot with E85 compatible pump. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: Nick Arias BBC Hemi heads
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »
I'd go with a Richmond transmission or a Jerico!!  My buddy Jeff 73Mach1 busted one of the T56s with a mild stroker Cleveland engine.  i figure your combination with the Whipple will probably make around 700 hp if everything else works like it should.

Those heads are neat, but you'd better be prepared to spend for upgraded valve train parts!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:04:53 PM by Blackwater »
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Tags: