AuthorTopic: The moment when you relaize She is a keeper (warning long read)  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Dogfather

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
Let me back fill a bit so you know where I'm coming from. (sorry about the long read but to understand you have to know the background)
in 2003 I met this gal on Yahoo she was a friend of a friend and just loved chatting on Yahoo IM.
I chatted with her while in Korea with the 506th Air assault infantry BN On the DMZ I found out they are holding my return trip for 6 more months due to Operation Iraq Freedom or how ever you spell that.
anyway she lived in Connecticut and I was stationed in Tacoma Wa.
we met Dec 2003 Home on leave. then again Mar 2004.

Anyway I was Married for 22 years to a Braud that loved controlling me.

So My Sweetheart and I have been together for 10 years now and I have had probably 40 different Vehicles in the 9 years... some stay and some go.

Well My Mother died Dec 2013 and she was what was holding me in Wa and so now we are going to be moving back to the South (my Choice (my Kids))

But she is ok with that due to Her kids being within (12 hr) driving distance.
Well I currently have 10 rigs sitting around my house

The ones I'm going to take with me:
1988 Crew cab Diesel 4x4 one ton flatbed. (The tow rig)
1987 Suzuki tin top Samurai (my new wheeler)
1988 Suzuki soft top Samurai (my old wheeler)
2002 Jeep Liberty (was my Moms now it's the wifes)

Gave our 2000 F150 4x4 to Her (our) Son it had been totaled by the ins company from being rear ended by a Suburban.

The ones I'm selling:
1965 Fairlane Wagon
1976 Toyota Pick up  (in pieces)
1991 F150 2x4 300i6 auto
1991 Mazda B2200 pickup
1973 Apollo Class A Motor home

Anyway I have been Yearning, Chompin at the bit, woodin, dreaming of a 30's Hot rod... and I finally found one.

But

I don't have cash............. I don't have a welder............... we wanted to Move in August...........I was working with a Friend in his shop (not getting paid) just a little scrap here and there it was costing me $550 a month to go to the shop and I was maybe making $50 a month from the shop but OMG I have learned so much just by being there and helping... He is the Metal guy and I'm the Mechanic. Needless to say we could do almost everything minus Paint and body work.
Hence the Word I was..... I gave my 2 week notice Feb 2014 said I can not help anymore unless he pays Gas for me to come so I can put that $550 a month in my Savings to move.
Well I have been struggling with this want to build and want to save and want to be practical about moving Home to family.

My Friends say I don't need another Project.... My Friends say the smart thing would be to sell off everything stick money in savings to Move. I figure it's going to Cost me Close to $6K to drive My Diesel towing a trailer with my Samurai's on it and a U-haul towing the jeep on my other trailer.

Ok now you have the back ground.

I have been struggling with Want! vs Do I really Need!
I came how yesterday from the shop and My Friend and I had a Big discussion about me sitting on my ass and saving Money (god I hate that Idea)

So I asked my Dear wife Babe James said I should sell and save But I really don't think I can buy a complete 1940 Chev Truck in the South for $900 and we really don't have trailer space for it and I really want it..

She said to me Strip the Soft top samurai put the good parts in the bed of the truck and load it on the trailer in place of the Samurai, you know you want it and you can't get it cheaper in the next 2 years so go for it.

I love that Woman....

Sorry for the long story.....
Edward

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The moment when you relaize She is a keeper (warning long read)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »
She's a keeper for sure!!! Meet my bride in 1980 and been together ever since (she let me port and polish small block heads in the kitchen because we had no garage and it was raining) As far as keeping and selling Uncle Sam moved me so much I ain't willingly moving again And the person who makes me better have lotsa trucks!!! :P
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The moment when you relaize She is a keeper (warning long read)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »
I really can not add, I am soooo damn single. Anyway she sounds like she has it together And with the $900 investment I think that I would be looking to selling off one more to make room for the find. And lowboy we know you "LUCKY".
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Tags: