AuthorTopic: Need advice on lowering a 54 dodge PU  (Read 2948 times)

Offline addes426

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • my old 64
  • Referrals: 0
Need advice on lowering a 54 dodge PU
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:30:15 AM »
I haven't bought it yet and I'm looking at it from different angles, one of which is lowering. It has a 318/727 and drives nice enough but it's too high. I would think I could flip the rear spring perches for 3"-4" out back and not have to notch the frame. The front however gives me pause. How can I best lower the front, keep the leaf spring suspension, and not screw up my geometry too bad? Or can I do it at all? I'm looking at a Crown Vic swap but I like the old school vibe. As you can guess, I'm new to this stuff but I'm wanting to get my feet wet. Any advice or direction is appreciated. Thanks

Offline Xlarashun

Re: Need advice on lowering a 54 dodge PU
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »
I'm doing one right now and you Don't have a lot of room to go down without bumping the frame on almost Every little pebble out there! You can notch it carefully, just remember to plate it.
Good luck and have Fun!
Sanity is Not a Requirement, It just Slows Ya Down!!

Offline addes426

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • my old 64
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Need advice on lowering a 54 dodge PU
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »
I'm doing one right now and you Don't have a lot of room to go down without bumping the frame on almost Every little pebble out there! You can notch it carefully, just remember to plate it.
Good luck and have Fun!

Are you talking front, rear or both? I can get "Sids" to re-shape the front axle for a 3" drop for $350. Not too bad. I would want discs up front and by the time I do that, it would be more practical to just do a Volare sub frame. I just can't make myself want to though.

Tags: