AuthorTopic: Summer is almost over  (Read 4786 times)

Offline jsmithbm

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
Summer is almost over
« on: August 13, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »
Man is it freakingg hot! We are in the tail end of hot azz days. I was outside last night and it was 94 with a humidity of about 90%. Anybody been working on there stuff in this heat. Days like this cause me to wish for a nice 40X40 garage, with AC.
-Havent been driving my truck b/c its so hot and the darn gas prices are so high. Thanks for letting me vent, Fall will be here in about 30-45 days. But im sure we will be wearing shorts still.
peace
joel

Offline carvinmark

• You got to want to!
  • Serious Rat Rodder
  • Vehicle: 1946 Chevrolet Truck
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Summer is almost over
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
I hate our snowy winters and summer is too short  here. It's been cooler the last couple of days and we will be back in the 80's Monday. I wish summer would last longer.
I've had a family crisis so my toys have been sitting idle most of this summer  :(. At least I still have them and will give them some love soon hopefully.
46 Chevy truck Rat rod
60 Starliner chopped
63 Falcon Radical
88 Ranger V8
Sandrail 140+Corvair
Lots of Chainsaws

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
Been in the mid 80's here, but my shop is insulated so it hasn't been to bad. As i get time, i have been working on a 32 hudson 4 door town sedan. I hate the thought of winter coming, we get our asses kicked up here, -40*f below type bullshit.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline ezrat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1928 Dodge 4 Dr
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »
Been in the mid 80's here, but my shop is insulated so it hasn't been to bad. As i get time, i have been working on a 32 hudson 4 door town sedan. I hate the thought of winter coming, we get our asses kicked up here, -40*f below type bullshit.
That must make for a rather short cruising season? Bummer... >:(
"Just because it's primer, doesn't make it a rat"

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Don't Like It Don't Read It
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 02:37:27 AM »
Man is it freakingg hot! We are in the tail end of hot azz days. I was outside last night and it was 94 with a humidity of about 90%. Anybody been working on there stuff in this heat. Days like this cause me to wish for a nice 40X40 garage, with AC.
-Havent been driving my truck b/c its so hot and the darn gas prices are so high. Thanks for letting me vent, Fall will be here in about 30-45 days. But im sure we will be wearing shorts still.
peace
joel

Agreed we still got a lot of heat left. Hit one show this am had close to 200 cars, then we had our car club meeting and cook out, we all hang out at a members house eating, drinking beer, and shooting pool, then another show, For The Troops, so, i had to make that one too. I got my share of sun today. Turned a black shirt and hat white with salt, as I sweated like a nasty hog all day. In about 6 hours we will be at another show at the Twisted Tavern.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:38:21 AM by tattoodaddy1967 »
Take a kid to a car or bike show...pass the hobby on to the next generation

Just because the paint is flat, don't make it a rat

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Dont underestimate me or I'll prove you wrong
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »
Send your heat my way please everyone!  Its still overcast and 60 here :P  I need dry air to paint dang it

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »
Ya we had our share of 100+ for over 30 days. Now that summer is almost gone, we are finally getting liveable, driveable weather. Upper 80's to upper 90's. And rain. Had a storm that blew in this morning that was supposed to go north. But I guess Nebraska had to have a last blow and sent it our way.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline Dustin Arnett

• Desert Rat
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
Summer is almost over
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »
Yeah, it's still burning hot in Vegas. I'm pretty excited for it to cool down a bit. I'm a dirt junky so riding season will be back in a couple months. I'll be heading up to coral pink Utah to fix a riding itch next month. It sure would be nice to drive the Coronet farther. It gets to hot to fast & my fuel pump wants to lock up on me.......

Offline jsmithbm

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
Agreed we still got a lot of heat left. Hit one show this am had close to 200 cars, then we had our car club meeting and cook out, we all hang out at a members house eating, drinking beer, and shooting pool, then another show, For The Troops, so, i had to make that one too. I got my share of sun today. Turned a black shirt and hat white with salt, as I sweated like a nasty hog all day. In about 6 hours we will be at another show at the Twisted Tavern.
[/quote]

Dangg right down the street and i never hear about this shows! i need to get out from under this rock!!!!
Going to the big apple tomorrow  for work! excited never been there

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

Dangg right down the street and i never hear about this shows! i need to get out from under this rock!!!!
[/quote]No car shows up here...........gonna be going to kool deadwood nights in a couple of weeks......other then that, nothin
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »
NYC? Waaayyyy too big for me brother be careful and cigs are $12.50 a pack

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Yeah, it's still burning hot in Vegas. I'm pretty excited for it to cool down a bit. I'm a dirt junky so riding season will be back in a couple months. I'll be heading up to coral pink Utah to fix a riding itch next month. It sure would be nice to drive the Coronet farther. It gets to hot to fast & my fuel pump wants to lock up on me.......

Have you tried a 1/2 grapefruit when the fuel pump wants to start not working?

Offline Dustin Arnett

• Desert Rat
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
Summer is almost over
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 01:02:40 AM »
Never heard of it oldskool, tell me about it....

Offline Hodad

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
Hotter'n hell here, it's almost 8pm and it's still over 90 degrees,.....I'm ready for fall.  We still have at least 6 more weeks of summer left....four of which will be hot!

Tommy

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »

I remember in 56 my dad had a 54 Caddie and we went from LA to Vegas. Well we were going out to the damn and the Cad overheated. We had to wait a while till it cooled down. When it did we went to the nearest grocery store and dad bought a grapefruit, cut it in half and put it on the fuel pump. The Caddie never Overheated after that. And I have heard of that a couple of other times.
Another Oldskool trivia.

Offline ezrat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1928 Dodge 4 Dr
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »
Thats a new one for me but if it works I'll keep it in the memory banks..Thanks
"Just because it's primer, doesn't make it a rat"

Offline Dustin Arnett

• Desert Rat
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
Summer is almost over
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 01:18:31 AM »

I remember in 56 my dad had a 54 Caddie and we went from LA to Vegas. Well we were going out to the damn and the Cad overheated. We had to wait a while till it cooled down. When it did we went to the nearest grocery store and dad bought a grapefruit, cut it in half and put it on the fuel pump. The Caddie never Overheated after that. And I have heard of that a couple of other times.
Another Oldskool trivia.
Cool, thanks....

Offline jsmithbm

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »
made it back in one piece, i was at the airport in philly when the earth quake hit, i thought  plane ran into the terminal. it was ridiculous.  apparently there was a big show in brooklyn. heard it got crazy cops and all were called. i read about it on the hamb site. hate that i missed.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 11:45:59 PM »

No car shows up here...........gonna be going to kool deadwood nights in a couple of weeks......other then that, nothin

Brother you just plan on a trip down to Ga next summer we can put you and the old lady up for the trip. I will take you to at least six shows in one weekend. You just get here and we will all pile in the big old Merc and have a blast. GURANTEED FUN when you are with me. Alcohol free fun too. 8)
[/quote]

Tags: