AuthorTopic: H.A.M.B. Forums  (Read 10483 times)

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
H.A.M.B. Forums
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:10:48 AM »
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Kenney

• Rest In Peace Kenney
  • Rat Rod Crazy
  • Vehicle: 1938 Chevrolet Panel
  • Activity:
    0%
  • R.I.P. Kenney 12/16/2011
  • Referrals: 0
Re: H.A.M.B. Forums
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »
Joined several years ago. For the most part there is alot of good info there just don't mention Rat Rods. Chances are good your post will get deleted.
Passed away on 12/16/2011. You'll be missed our friend. Godspeed.

Offline Greybeards Customs

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1930 Ford 2 Door
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:59:14 AM »
I would line my rusty junk up against any of them !
That's not dust in your eyes ...... it's RUST !!!

www.greybeardscustoms.com

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Don't Like It Don't Read It
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:44:26 PM »
Yep....don't type rat any where on there....they are a little snooty about their forums....I feel like tattooed trash on their....so I quit going on the site
 >:(
Take a kid to a car or bike show...pass the hobby on to the next generation

Just because the paint is flat, don't make it a rat

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:32:45 AM »
I quit going there too. I found them a little snobbish.

Offline ezrat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1928 Dodge 4 Dr
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
Me three, I only go to answer questions I can't find answers to anywhere else, but I don't socialize...
"Just because it's primer, doesn't make it a rat"

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »
ezrat you have the Nation to turn to now :D

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
Ya been there, done that. Did nt like the unfriendly tude.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 06:53:02 PM »
I think they are unfriendly as hell too. I just added the link incase there are those that come across the site that don't quite like it, have a place to go. Just like a guy on facebook that doesn't like the babe of the day i post here. I don't post the babe of the day out of disrespect or anything towards women, i just think cars, rock n roll, and women all go together.......just sayin

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »
And INK 8)

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 12:52:10 PM »
yep. Show cars = women. Fast cars = winnin. Tats and strippin one an the same. Art work. Wanted. Hot Rods, women/babes/bettys, tats, strippin, tuck n roll.And gotta have the pipes.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »
Well said oldskool.......

Offline Motornoggin

• Salt Fever
  • Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »
They certainly are strict, though I see plenty that gets through their "filter". Agreed they are a bit aloof, but forums of that nature and size tend to spiral out of control at times and rules get insituted to try to keep things headed in the direction the forum owner desires. It's a nearly impossible task, hence the "cold" feeling around there. Not defending it, I just understand how it happens. I belong to a couple motorcycle forums that have gotten so bad that it actually causes me physical stress to visit.

It's a fine line between freedom of discourse and mayhem and it can breed malcontent.

Still, if you have the patience to sift through it all, there is a wealth of information no single human could possibly catagorize and use on a lifetime!

One thing I personaly have difficulty with is that I only have one car old enough to post anything about and it's nearly done.

Offline ezrat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1928 Dodge 4 Dr
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 02:52:35 AM »
They certainly are strict, though I see plenty that gets through their "filter". Agreed they are a bit aloof, but forums of that nature and size tend to spiral out of control at times and rules get insituted to try to keep things headed in the direction the forum owner desires. It's a nearly impossible task, hence the "cold" feeling around there. Not defending it, I just understand how it happens. I belong to a couple motorcycle forums that have gotten so bad that it actually causes me physical stress to visit.

It's a fine line between freedom of discourse and mayhem and it can breed malcontent.

Still, if you have the patience to sift through it all, there is a wealth of information no single human could possibly catagorize and use on a lifetime!

One thing I personaly have difficulty with is that I only have one car old enough to post anything about and it's nearly done.

Yep, Well said. and like you say, When your car is finished its hard to find anything to converse about. There is some satisfaction in sharing info with other builders just starting out...
"Just because it's primer, doesn't make it a rat"

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »
That is why i learned how to build my own websites. I got so tired of site's being so strict, telling everyone to search instead of asking a question (it only takes a minute to help someone). If you notice here, there really are no rules set in stone, the only thing i ever ask of a website is that the members treat each other with respect. Everyone is allowed to have a bad day, so when i see someone go into a rant, i usually let them do so.....as long as it isn't threatening to another member, it's all good. Most site disagree with my thinking process, but i allow profanity, brief nudity, etc......I really do believe that we are all good people and know how to act as such......In all the years i have run and built websites, i have only ever had to ban one person, and sadly he was one of my moderators. He was messing around with poll results when i used to run a ride of the month poll on my mustang site.....
I too have learned over the years, allot of peeps don't like that fact that i don't ban people and that i allow people to use profanity....Well, i use profanity in most conversations, guess i am not a proper person, but fuck it.......I am just an ole wyoming redneck.....

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Dont underestimate me or I'll prove you wrong
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »
If you notice here, there really are no rules set in stone, ...Well, i use profanity in most conversations, guess i am not a proper person, but fuck it.......I am just an ole wyoming redneck.....

Love it Doug and wouldnt have it any other way :)

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
If you notice here, there really are no rules set in stone, ...Well, i use profanity in most conversations, guess i am not a proper person, but fuck it.......I am just an ole wyoming redneck.....

Love it Doug and wouldnt have it any other way :)
8)

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »
Nothing wrong with being red around the neck...I have been accused of being a redneck once or twice......a day....lmao 8)

Offline Motornoggin

• Salt Fever
  • Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
That is why i learned how to build my own websites. I got so tired of site's being so strict, telling everyone to search instead of asking a question (it only takes a minute to help someone). If you notice here, there really are no rules set in stone, the only thing i ever ask of a website is that the members treat each other with respect. Everyone is allowed to have a bad day, so when i see someone go into a rant, i usually let them do so.....as long as it isn't threatening to another member, it's all good. Most site disagree with my thinking process, but i allow profanity, brief nudity, etc......I really do believe that we are all good people and know how to act as such......In all the years i have run and built websites, i have only ever had to ban one person, and sadly he was one of my moderators. He was messing around with poll results when i used to run a ride of the month poll on my mustang site.....
I too have learned over the years, allot of peeps don't like that fact that i don't ban people and that i allow people to use profanity....Well, i use profanity in most conversations, guess i am not a proper person, but fuck it.......I am just an ole wyoming redneck.....

I was just over there and found myself asking why is it even there if you have to research your question first? Isn't the whole point of a "forum" to discuss pertinent topics, ask questions and share information? Why belittle and berate a guy because he asked a question? I'll concede that sometimes simple questions get asked quite often, and sometimes they aren't well worded or thoiught out, BUT if you take the time to read it, why not just give an answer instead of mocking the poster?

Offline RangerRat

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
Hell yea there ain't nothin wrong with being a redneck ,,,,,I'm about 5 miles from West Virginia so that makes me a Redneck Hillbilly ,,,,,And damn proud of it .

Tags: