AuthorTopic: Got some really bad news last night  (Read 4618 times)

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Got some really bad news last night
« on: May 14, 2011, 04:19:24 AM »
I know this site hasn't been up very long so allot of people don't know much about the people around me. Last July my sister in law whom had been drinking and driving with her boyfriend were driving on I-25 from denver to cheyenne, rolled their pickup. She came out of the drivers seat onto the interstate and almost cut her foot off and spent 2 months in the hospital and 3 months here at my house recovering from the crash. Her boyfriend walked away.

Last night at 8:15pm, the were drinking and driving again but this time they were out on one of our country back roads. Well, she rolled here new truck again, ejecting her and breaking her hip. The boyfriend, Matt, came half way out the sunroof and was crushed by the truck as it rolled 3 times. Matt was found dead at the scene and sent directly to our city morgue. My sister in law was sent to the hospital here in cheyenne and after many hours at the hospital late last nite, she was arrested for DUI and Vehicular Homicide.

Don't people learn? DON'T DRINK AND FUCKING DRIVE. Especially after you just walked away from a near fatal crash 10 months earlier.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline ezrat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1928 Dodge 4 Dr
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Got some really bad news last night
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
Indeed very sad news. I hope she and the family gets through this and can find something positive when it's all over...
"Just because it's primer, doesn't make it a rat"

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:00:58 AM »
Me too. She was sober enough when we left the hospital last night about 12:30 am to know she had killed matt and that she was probably going to prison. Just sucks for matt, his family is in colorado and none of us here know where they live to make contact with the family and his truck is still up here. The highway patrol says the coroner will make contact with the family, but i guess we'll see. Since he had lost his wallet per an earlier conversation that day, he had no id on him. Since he was dead at the scene, none of us were able to talk to anyone other then just say who we thought he was because he went directly to the morgue......But maybe they are right and the coroner has way's of finding family of those that pass away before their time......

Offline hullion

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:40:56 AM »
No shit some people can learn unless its the hard way sorry man

Offline Greybeards Customs

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1930 Ford 2 Door
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
  • Referrals: 0
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 07:46:24 AM »
They say things won't change untill yo hit bottom , let's all hope this is the bottom . I can't see things getting any lower
That's not dust in your eyes ...... it's RUST !!!

www.greybeardscustoms.com

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline mainespeed

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
Sad sad news man :( sometimes people just can't learn...keep the chin up and the wrenches turnin

Offline heado68

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »
some people only have a head to keep their ears apart...

Offline RangerRat

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »
Really sorry to hear man sometimes some people seems bound and determinded to self destruct and there is"nt anything you can do to change it

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »
Thanks guys.......still pickin up the pieces last night. My wife was/is an emotional wreck. We put in allot of time and effort from her first car wreck, and now here we are pickin up the pieces again. The actual wife of the man my sister in law killed the other day is coming up to pick up his vehicle and a car trailer he left on my property for the past 3 months. I guess each step of these pick up's there will be a police officer to insure no fighting between the wife and my sister in laws family.............What a tangled web she weaved.

Offline Kenney

• Rest In Peace Kenney
  • Rat Rod Crazy
  • Vehicle: 1938 Chevrolet Panel
  • Activity:
    0%
  • R.I.P. Kenney 12/16/2011
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 07:04:03 AM »
Sorry to hear this news Hotwheels. Don't like to see anyone get in trouble or get hurt. I learned my lesson about a dui in 1979. Snow covered road, slid of in the ditch and a cop stopped to help and I went to the slammer. Fortunately no one was hurt but I didn't like jail either. My wife and I have a daughter that has been in and out of jail for the last ten years for drugs till she ended up in prison. She just got out and is on house arrest. She always knew her Mom would get an attorney and get her out of it till finally the court got tired of seeing her. I hope this time she has learned. Wish you and your family the best!!
Passed away on 12/16/2011. You'll be missed our friend. Godspeed.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 07:30:37 AM »
Thanks Kenney.........I know she knows she is in trouble cause they actually have highway patrol sitting infront of her hospital room 24hrs a day, waiting to take her to jail.

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 09:23:17 AM »
Hotwheels, Sorry to here the bad news, sounds like you'v got a tough road to climb too. There are good people ready and willing to help your sister, but it only works if she want it. The effect of alcoholism can be harder to find than wiring shorts. "chin up mate, I have had some of the same type of problems here, wishing you the best.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
Accident Leaves One Injured and One Dead
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 07:15:03 AM »
A single car accident just west of town left one injured and one dead.

48-year-old Carla Young of Cheyenne was driving eastbound on WYO 210, when for reasons unknown, the 2001 4Runner was steered sharply to the right and off the roadway.

The vehicle then rolled 2 1/4 times coming to rest on its driver side.

During the rollover Young was totally ejected from the vehicle.

58-year-old Cheyenne resident Matthew Lorenz was the passenger in the car.

Lorenz was partially ejected out of the sun roof of the vehicle, and was pinned under the driver's side.

Lorenz died on scene, while Young was taken to Cheyenne Regional Medical Center.

Young's condition is unknown.

Alcohol use is being investigated as a contributing factor in this crash.

Completion of the crash investigation, all information will be turned over to the Laramie County District Attorney's Office.

They will make the determination of the filing of any criminal charges against Young.

Neither were wearing a seat belt.

http://www.kgwn.tv/category/201221/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5853097

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 08:45:20 AM »
Thank you for the update, hope you and your wife are coming thru it OK.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 08:59:06 AM »
I am doing okay with the entire thing, but my wife is really depressed and sad. She has spent the last 2 days crying about every 10 minutes........Hopefully this will pass for her and we can move forward with picking up the pieces that carla left laying around.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Don't Like It Don't Read It
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 03:22:40 PM »
very sad news, but you are right, some people never learn. In school there were five of us that ran together and helped each other working on our hot rods...I am the only one left, the other four have passed from not learning lessons. Sorry for the loss and maybe your sis-in-law will get some education from this.
Take a kid to a car or bike show...pass the hobby on to the next generation

Just because the paint is flat, don't make it a rat

Tags: