AuthorTopic: Flintstone brakes... Help please  (Read 2708 times)

Offline buttoncl

• clever title here:
  • Rat Lover
  • Vehicle: 1953 Packard Hearse
  • Activity:
    0%
  • YAT YAS
  • Referrals: 0
Flintstone brakes... Help please
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »
Chassis is a 1979 suburban k-10. drum rear / disk front.  dual resivoir master cylinder. Two lines from resivoir. both lines flow into porportioning valve. Three lines leave porportioning valve. one line goes to the rear axle where it then T's off to both drums. The other two lines from the porportioning valve go to each front disk.

All lines are new and not kinked. Porportioning valve is new and bench tested. both front calipers are new.

The problem is that I can not get ANY fluid to the front drivers caliper. I have tried both conventional brake bleeding and vaccumed it at about 20 HG muiltiple times... still no fluid!

Any ideas??

* my version of conventional brake bleed. Start at back right wheel, have some one pump brake and hold down, open valve, let out air, repeat untill fluid comes out with out air. reapeat process at back left wheel, then front right, then front left.

Thanks guys!
If you dont like what I am doing with my ride... buy it and do it yourself..

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Flintstone brakes... Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »
Star at the wheel, going backwards and check to see if you have pressure.  The problem is that pressure if any at all, is not doing anything. Did you try if with engine running?

Tags: