AuthorTopic: New Guy From the 2nd coldest place in the world ~ "Minnesota"  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Rat

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
New Guy From the 2nd coldest place in the world ~ "Minnesota"
« on: December 08, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
Hello,
My Friends call me Rat and NO it's not because my love of Rat Rods... Thats a whole other story! I'm hoping to find a place that I can talk shop find parts and hopefully help others find parts , I have a guy that has the largest ford junk yard in the midwest anyone just ask I'll get you Joe's # and I'll pick it up & ship it out at your expenses also hope to Get ideas and and give some ideas back ~ Never to old to learn something new and never underestimate the young Kat's they got some rad idea! It's cold up here.... So time to start the big Jobs ~ We have a 1937 Ford Pickup 1 Ton with a 31 bed ~ Early Olds out back No posi :( and a 1974 Ford 400 up front with Pete & Jack with a mustang half rack. Its a Father Son project, Yep the Kid pick it out ~ He Has a Mohawk ~ Gets good grades ~ he has great ideas and listens to Rad music, Pretty cool Kat for a 13 year old! The photos are the start of the truck after year and a half. The 1966 GTO Post Sedan ~ Muncie four-speed a 384bhp Tri-Power 389 topped by three Rochester two-barrel carbs with “XS” performance package “Ram Air” 410 gears ~ Black Int. Candle light Cream ~ It was my first restoration and was my baby but life happened and got a present that I never thought Id ever get....Yep the boy! I still trade the 66 for him again ;D ~ Hope I can get some inspiration and give some meet some great kats! Hoping to get the Eng rebuilt new rear end in and road trip to Austin Texas to hang out with my best friend and the kid for spring break.... Aha Now I'm rattling on! hope I didn't sound like a crazy  :o man And Thanks in advance for any and all ideas & feedback!
Rat

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
Re: New Guy From the 2nd coldest place in the world ~ "Minnesota"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »
Welcome to the Nation Rat. You have found your way to a great site. Great people that have a wealth of knowledge and are always willing to help. With the climate   that you have to survive in you do have to have a decent sized garage, with heat. Super that you have a young side kick. Just need to keep them interested.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 06:06:51 AM »
Welcome to the nation rat, it's great to meet ya. Sounds like you have an awesome build on your hands...Can't wait to see more build pics.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
Welcome glad you and son are here, may take you up on the Ford part thing at some point.
Yes I understand Pontiac fever.  (68 ragtop)