AuthorTopic: Have Some Fun  (Read 5340 times)

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
Have Some Fun
« on: January 08, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
Lets have some fun with this. Take a look at all of our diverse back grounds that brought us to this point in our rodding life. It is an "addiction" but hey it is a good one. One that helps us make friends and networking. So dig into those old photo albums and let take that walk back into tyme.

8)
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
Re: Have Some Fun
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
This shot is from around 1968. The hood was off of a friends 56 wagon. The 292 Y block in it was very healthy. This was a tyme in my younger days that it was nothing t pull into a friends carport, jack it up, drop the tranny, replace the clutch, flywheel and t.o baring modify the tranny with a Mr. Gasket bang shifter and go back to cruizen that night.

8)

Offline chopper york

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »
Ha Ha thats cool oldskool,i was 7 in 68..i haven't got a scanner for my photos so cant really do it,maybe i can sort some pics out and take a photo with my phone ;)
i came in to cars late as i was in to choppers from my teens untill 5 to 6 years ago :D

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »
I didn't mention, but at the time of this wagon I got around on 2 wheels on certain days.

8)

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »
in 68 i was 4.A grade school buddies dad raced dirt track so i grew up around them could rebuild a sbc b4 i could drive theres a photo on FB of a first year IMCA modified ill c if i can find it and transfer here it was a pinto body on a vista cruiser frame with a 383 stroker then got into tractors and flywheel engines bout 3 yrs ago found the galaxie and it just kinda went from there :o ;D ;D thats my freind and his dad
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:21:55 PM by lowboy »
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »
in 68 i was 4.A grade school buddies dad raced dirt track so i grew up around them could rebuild a sbc b4 i could drive theres a photo on FB of a first year IMCA modified ill c if i can find it and transfer here it was a pinto body on a vista cruiser frame with a 383 stroker then got into tractors and flywheel engines bout 3 yrs ago found the galaxie and it just kinda went from there :o ;D ;D thats my freind and his dad

That's kool a Pinto body on that big frame. I grew up around the dirt track's in Denver. A guy my mom was seeing raced a Olds. But at 1 track there was a guy that drove a small English car, don't remember what but I do remember he took a lot of licks from the big boys.

8)

Offline chopper york

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:29 PM »

That's kool a Pinto body on that big frame. I grew up around the dirt track's in Denver. A guy my mom was seeing raced a Olds. But at 1 track there was a guy that drove a small English car, don't remember what but I do remember he took a lot of licks from the big boys.

8)
Quite a lot of the English 50s cars ended up on your Drag strips during the gasser years,Austins,Anglias,Pops etc short wheelbase..ideal for the class.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
Angela's  , Tupelo's, Austin Bantams. I have some pictures some where. Maybe I can find them????

8)

Tags: