AuthorTopic: New show coming to Minnestoa  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Fajita

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
New show coming to Minnestoa
« on: September 29, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »
Ok Rat rodders.. I am putting on a show next year on May 6th. Should be one of the first one's of the year. I would like some input please. I would love to have an all rat rod show but we dont have enough in my area to put on a big enough one. I am hooked up with a great charity to help out also. Here is where I need help. this will not be a high budget show. I hoping for 50 cars just to break even. I know I will have good food there. What else could I do to make it different from every other show out there. WE dont have room for a burn out contest or a flame throwing contest. Just would like some ideas to bounce off the group..

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: New show coming to Minnestoa
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:24:01 PM »
Get with your local auto parts store and see if they will give some door prizes. I personally like plaques over trophies. Some DJ style music. Casey's around here give pretty freely Hagerty will give out bags and Jegs/Sunnit/Speedway like to give out stickers. simple stuff like pocket screw drivers Small stuff. 50/50 raffle silent actions stuff. GET THE FRIERS OUT EARlY!!!
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Granpascrazzy

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »
Whatever you do dont have no rock n roll....im just saying, they tried that one time in upstate new york.....i heard they had a big mess......and them hippies and all that....i never.......i mean, i just saying....
have a bad AUTOHOLIC PROBLEM

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:45:38 PM »
FLYERS Early  ;D Oops Most D J's around here play 50/60's stuff Rock,Country and Pop mostly with a very select 80's. Gotta kinda cater to the crowd.
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:17:31 AM »
I don't have any use for dash plaques save your money, free coffee doesn't cost much, trophy's bring out the cars, a few home made ones are even better. don't need the live band for me either, music in the background is good tho.  Keep the hours short, yet long enough to call it a show. Push the charity your raising money for, people will want to be kind. Always work towards having a good enough show that people want to come back next year, first year is just a trial run. Just my ideas, might be worth less than what you paid for em'

Offline Fajita

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »
Thank you I value all the advice.. Please keep it coming.. I have trophies and Dash plaques already ordered.. The people around here live for the dash plaque..
Another Question though is what would you pay to go to a show. What is too much and what is too little !!!

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »
1 st year 10 bucks. I've paid up to 25 bucks but that was for a big 1 day show. 15 is really common around here. Dash plaques are a must.

Offline Fajita

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 10:04:33 AM »
Ok After talking to the Fairboard in Redwood Falls Mn we have a place to have it now.. May 6th Rain or Shine 11-3.. Its called Rats and Rods.. So what every you have bring it. We are thinking about having a swap meet also and I will keep everyone informed.. We should be having a post on facebook soon ..

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 01:03:53 PM »
If you have local talent and a place for entertainment, it doesn't hurt!!  In my area, Oldies Rock 'N' Roll (Buddy Holly/Beach Boys), and late 60's to late 70's Classic/Southern Rock are a huge draw.

Up there it may be (UGGH) Country, but rap usually won't work.  All else fails, a DJ or get a local radio station to do a remote broadcast.

Fliers out early with EVERYTHING anyone needs to know. Phone numbers. e-mail addresses, a web page if you have one, an entry form or directions to where to get one, directions and dates to the event, and a list of sponsors if you have 'em.  BE SURE TO PROMOTE YOUR CHARITY!!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:05:55 PM by Blackwater »
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline Fajita

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »
Hopefully the flyer uploaded..Looking for people who are looking to bring stuff to sell. Text me or email me.. All info is on the flyer..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:33:15 PM by Fajita »

Offline Fajita

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 12:46:29 PM »
We are just a week away from our show. We would love to have any Rat Rod in the area to show up and have a good time. We have some unique Trophies to the top 3 rats and it is all for a good cause..
Check us out on facebook
Rats and Rods car show in Redwood Falls.

Tags: