AuthorTopic: front cross over  (Read 3531 times)

Offline just old

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
front cross over
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:11:15 AM »
OPPS again after building the front and thinking I was done with that . When I got the radiator and ready to mount it the cross over was right in the way .  Now what take it apart and redo it . The new cross over Which looks better and cleaner to me , my nabor had this piece of 1 1/2 harden steel bar that I put collars on and drilled the frame and then welded it up . I am getting a lot of practice doing thing twice . If I ever do another I hope I have learned I couple thing not to do .

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
Re: front cross over
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:23:56 AM »
Looks good, I am guessing you already thought about the frame not hitting the spring once the weight of the motor and other stuff is on, so this is just a reminder for the next guy.
Weld on sir.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:08:51 AM »
Lookin good.....and that's the good part of rat rod building, lesson's learned.......next time, things will be easier. It's a bummer when you think you are getting close to something, then you take a step backwards, but it all works out in the end......
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline just old

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »
it should not hit frame , it is at the same hight as it was before . has for the next one I have so meanie ideas that it may take to long to build . this has been very interesting and keeps your mind going about 100 mi and hour . you certainly sit and look at it for a while on which is the best way to go .

Tags: