AuthorTopic: TOP 11 WEIRDEST DRIVING LAWS  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
TOP 11 WEIRDEST DRIVING LAWS
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »
TOP 11 WEIRDEST DRIVING LAWS

AMERICA! The land of the free. The home of the brave. Not to mention some weird driving laws. Not that all these laws are bad ideas, but many lead you to wonder what caused them to be put on the books in the first place. For instance, in California it’s illegal to jump from your car at 65 MPH. So what, is jumping from your car at 60 MPH okay? Lawyers.

Anyways, without further ado, here are the TOP 11 (because 11 is funnier than 10) WEIRDEST U.S. DRIVING LAWS:

11. In Scituate, Rhode Island, the law states that whenever you pass another vehicle you must give an “audible signal.” Screaming out, “This law is stupid!” is an acceptable audible signal.

10. In Youngstown, Ohio, it’s illegal to run out of gas. Finally, an incentive not to run out of gas.

9. In Derby, Kansas, screeching your tires is considered a misdemeanor and can cost you 30 days in jail. Screeching with your vocal cords will only leave you ostracized from the community.

8. In Crete, Illinois, it’s against the law for cars to drive through town. No wonder I’ve never driven there.

7. In Marietta, Georgia, it’s against the law to spit from a car or a bus. This explains why everyone in Marietta owns a truck.

6. In Blairstown, New Jersey, it’s illegal to plant trees in the middle of the street. You’d think it being impossible was enough.

5. In Alaska, it’s against the law to tether a dog to the roof of a car. But there’s no law regarding tethering cats to your car roof, so have fun with that.

4. In Alabama, it’s against the law to drive with a blindfold on. C’mon Alabama, have a little faith.

3. In Glendale, Arizona, it’s against the law for cars to drive in reverse. Though they won’t admit it, they’re afraid putting a car in reverse may alter the course of history and cause a chain reaction that will destroy the entire universe.

2. In California, it is illegal for a car without a driver to go faster than 60 MPH. So to be on the safe side, try to keep it below 55 MPH when ghost riding the whip.

1. In University City, Missouri, it’s against the law to honk the horn of another person’s car. You may think this law is ridiculous, but every day University citizens get another painful reminder as to why they have this law on the books. You can’t imagine what those reminders might be, right? Best keep it that way. Sleep soundly tonight knowing you’re a good person, and that your mind isn’t twisted enough to imagine such horrors.

Well, until next time, Mind the rules of the road. Drive safe out there. It’s a weird, wacky world.

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Dont underestimate me or I'll prove you wrong
Re: TOP 11 WEIRDEST DRIVING LAWS
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »
THat hillariouse :) there go all my tree planting in the middle of the highway plans Psha!

Offline Kenney

• Rest In Peace Kenney
  • Rat Rod Crazy
  • Vehicle: 1938 Chevrolet Panel
  • Activity:
    0%
  • R.I.P. Kenney 12/16/2011
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 11:40:15 PM »
When I was about 14 I jumped of the tailgate of my dads pickup while he was driving across a freshly plowed field. He was going about 15 mph or so and it liked to killed me. Jumping out of a vehicle at 65 would be like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. :)
Passed away on 12/16/2011. You'll be missed our friend. Godspeed.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Don't Like It Don't Read It
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 04:49:21 AM »
Barrow County, Georgia's Sheriff Department enlightened me that if the state has taken your license you are not supposed to be driving, especially doing 85 on a dirt road without a seatbelt....They should post this shit on a sign or something....I tell ya the world is going to hell in a hand basket....He laughed though when I told him No Habla Officer!!!! Good damn thing he lives with my sister and brother-in-law... :o
Take a kid to a car or bike show...pass the hobby on to the next generation

Just because the paint is flat, don't make it a rat

Tags: