AuthorTopic: Ls 36 Plymouth rat rod  (Read 16258 times)

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
Ls 36 Plymouth rat rod
« on: February 20, 2016, 07:02:37 AM »
Finally the snow is starting to melt roads are clear got to take it for a little spin still waiting for my shocks and seat covers but went well didn't have to push it back got the door lettering finished up last night going to autorama next weekend so maybe get something else cool built a new shifter the other day can't wait to be done and daily drive it this summer

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Re: Ls 36 Plymouth rat rod
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:37:10 AM »
So how was the first ride? Perty sweet?
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 01:02:11 PM »
Ya it was a short trip but real good runs good couple bugs to work out

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
looking goooooood  ;D Shake down runs are exciting and scary too. Loving it when your pulling in the driveway under your own power and not on the hook
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »
difentily nice to pull in under its own power and for a ground up build in 4 months after work and to only have a couple adjustments was a good feeling

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 06:14:35 PM »
Well update time car is pretty much done top and seats done wiring finished overflow bottle done shocks and mounts done might do door panels if I get time but it's a rat rod so maybe I won't car runs and drives great was invited to be the young builder of the yr at a local show here for metal and fabrication pretty excited about it that's it for now hope you enjoy the pics

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
Well deserved from my point of view!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 07:18:36 PM »
Thanks Blackwater

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »
Damn, that is really awesome. Young builder of the year is well deserved.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 07:57:06 PM »
Thanks guys I was super excited didn't build it to show it but i guess now I will the whole reason I got into rat rods was the guys building them where just a lot more like I was build it not buy it I was at a show with my nova a few yrs back and there was a young guy with a car he built wasn't the greatest but he was proud so me and my friends pulled him in with us our cars where very expensive builds and some douche told him he shouldn't be there his car was junk his pride was destroyed I told my wife I wouldn't do shows anymore for that reason there no his car wasn't as nice as ours but it was a start the first one I built wasn't great either but everyone I did got better I seen the kid last yr and he said he wasn't into cars anymore what ashame

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »
We were asked to bring a couple of our drag cars to a local show years ago.  We ended up placed next to one of those totally over done trailer queen show cars.  In front of a bunch of people, our big bucks neighbor started ragging on my real life hotrod.  I reached over to the roll bar pad and dug out couple of time slips and walked right up to him.

"Your sissy assed playtoy wouldn't even pass safety inspection where I play!!  Come see me when you can pass tech and run two thirds as fast as me!!"  The time slip was from a six second, 201 mph pass!!   :P

The spectators heehawed him and he didnt say anything else the rest of the show.   8) 8)

Turds like that ruin it for a lot of guys just starting out!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:06:05 PM by Blackwater »

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 10:13:59 PM »
I agree, Iv'e got some purdy cars but it's the attitude that wears the fun out real quick.  Just remembered, last week I had a car in a indoor big time show and got second place out of a class of about 8 cars, some brought in by the "big boys" I was real happy with that cuz mine had been on the road, and drove to Bonneville for speed week and back.  So yup,,,,,,your saran wrapped coupe won,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sort off. :-*

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 06:18:48 AM »
Yep the guys that brought them where on a trailer I still took people's choice with my nova and I had takin the car on the power tour and drove it all the time to work if there was one thing I never try to do is piss on someone else's pride everyone has different knowledge levels but it's the love for cars that real car guys do it I've always tried to teach the guys that didn't know cause it's the only way most are gonna learn my dad loved cars but wasn't rich so we worked on everything he drove I was changing motors at 11 not for fun lol but we had to then the love came for it later in life when I got a good job and started building bikes in cars as a hobby he was disabled young so to see how proud he was as my skill level grew on something he showed me the basics on I built 5 trophy winning Harley's and who knows how many cars but never was a dick and never trailered them but the most fun I had was a 53 belair I built for about $5000 drove it every day satin black wide whites straight six 3 on the tree drove it every day for that summer it got slit of attention from the older guys and I loved the stories they had about when they where young and I could haul all my kids and wife in it but I guess moral of the story you shouldn't be a Dick

Offline obama

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 09:12:07 AM »
There seem to be a few in every group or gathering of people, maybe someone is just having a bad day for a while but when it gets too deep I go talk to someone else.  I swear if I were into butterfly collecting there would be a jerk there too.

miraclepieco

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »
I swear if I were into butterfly collecting there would be a jerk there too.

Amen to that!  That's why I quit shows. Now my hot rod is my daily driver - a show of one.  That makes me the only a-hole at the show   :P ;D 

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 07:47:09 PM »
I build for me! Not the a$$holes who bought theirs! I,too,like to be the A$$hole in a show of 1!!!  :P Be proud of it ,It's your and no one can take that away from you!!!
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 09:54:51 PM »
I THINK WE HAVE A CONSENSUS!!   :P :P 8) 8)

Offline hollisc10

Ls 36 Plymouth rat rod
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »
I agree I build them for me and don't care what others think. I go to the car shows but only if they are free the way it should be!

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »
Got to put some miles on it today everything seems to work great only problem is seat needs to be lowered alittle and air shock hose has a leak somewhere but drives great and it's real quick she even got to see some triple digits hope to fix the seat and shock line tomorrow and put some more miles on it this weekend

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 03:25:03 PM »
Well put 67 miles on today not a single problem lots of attention and pics runs drives awesome got the seat lowered gas gauge installed and the new seat belts have to get new air shocks the new Monroe ones are complete garbage the line set up sucks!!!! Gonna order a different set tomorrow but that's is minor and if that's the only problem I have I'll be fine with it my neighbor doesn't like my exhaust but I love it he asked why would you want it so loud ahhh if your askin you wouldn't get it lol well that's it for now

Offline SkinnyPedal

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 07:42:58 PM »
Love it!!! whati is that color?
The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound. That's why I appear bright...until I speak!

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
It's bare metal with clear over it

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
Hey guys I added a few things to the car some to add to my jack Daniels theme the plates where from a jack Daniels barrel I bought 3 used one on the trunk where the licence plate light hole was the other on my power block on my engine the other cause I had some extra copper so I bead rolled a flame in in it and put on top of my engine cover to go with some of my copper plumbing and other plates figured I'd see what you guys think

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 05:35:49 PM »
Hi guys figured I give a update on the car it's up to almost 500miles and running great everyone around here loves it even had a run in with the state police thought I was getting a ticket for speeding all my glass is tinted and it's loud but to my surprise he wanted to check it out that was kinda cool I had some time the other night so I louvered my deck lid might add more when I get time tried loading pics but new phone won't load them for whatever reason

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48:24 PM »
[attach=1][attach=1][attach=2]

Tags: