AuthorTopic: The Other Guy  (Read 1729 times)

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
The Other Guy
« on: July 15, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »
The other day I was trolling or surfing for some info and I hit upon this interesting site. But before I go there, we all have been involved in a site or 2 before landing here. Me I have been involved in 3 Ford and 1 Chevy plus Rice Haters, beat you know what it takes to be accepted here, so for me now it is here and a PD discussion group. And I think that most of us have had a little hamb in our system. Me about 9 years ago. And then it was short lived.
So while surfing I ran across this interesting site. And here are a few of there do's and dont's:

Please understand a few simple things to make your registration a bit easier. One, try to use a car related user name. Two, if your registration does get rejected please e-mail me at jason@killbillet.com I will see you get through. Three, do not reply with an e-mail flaming, cursing or swearing at me because you were denied access to the site. This will get you banned right off the bat. We are not children and I simply will not tolerate that kind of attitude. Four, do not come here with an internet bully attitude. Those that harass and pick fights with other users are banned on the spot no warnings!! Fifth, Do not post anything about vehicles that are newer than 1969 (except Rat Bikes) and don't even ask about doing so, this to will get you removed! These rules are set to keep out the trash and spammers. It's not easy to pick them out sometimes but you can help make it easier. As a last note be sure to allow e-mails from @killbillet.com to ensure that you get the confirmation e-mail with the verification link in it. If you do not follow that link your account will not be set to active. All accounts are approved by me the Admin @ 9 AM Pacific time Monday through Friday. If you register after 9AM on a Friday your account will be approved until the following Monday morning. During the registration process there is a question that must be answered. It's pretty simple and there are four working answers for it. If you don't know cars then you likely won't get the answer right. This is done to help keep out the spammers because they'll never get the answer right. :)

As of 8/22/2012 all e-mail accounts are now accepted. The new question verification system seems to be keeping out the spammers seeing they know nothing about cars and can't answer that one important question.

More to follow.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:22:00 PM by oldskool49 »
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
Re: The Other Guy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »
You know that I had a thought, if I get caught sharing I stand the chance of being banned for life. Sucks. Ops I am not a member.

Seeing that some just don't get it, I have to post this. It pretty clear on the main forum page that the 60's is the cut off point for Rat Rods. 1969 to be exact. But due to some newbs not getting it here it is.

The posting of any vehicle that is newer than 1969 is NOT ALLOWED!! Don't even think about doing it. Your posts will be deleted and you risk a permanent ban from the site. This is not up for discussion and this is the way the site will remain. This rule is in place to keep out the so called idiots that think a flat black paint job on the 70's and newer car makes it a rat rod. As far as bikes go there is no year cutoff. There simply are not a lot of older bikes out there. Bikes must be a rat, no chromed out glossy paint and no "cafe" style bikes are allowed.

Enjoy the site,

Admin

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
Keep it Family:

If you dont mind introducing yourself then it makes it easier for all of us.
 Make a new thread for your intro and the welcomes you will receive.
 The more you tell us about yourself, your family and your projects,
 finished rides (?) or just dreams, the easier it will be for us to identify with you.
 We like pix and will help you post them if needed. You will notice quickly
 that we try to keep this a family friendly place, free from the foul language,
 flaming, and intolerance that is common on some other boards.
 Welcome and have fun, that is what we are all here for :)

The Killbillys

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:28 PM »