AuthorTopic: Votec 350  (Read 2636 times)

Offline STEVE1103

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
Votec 350
« on: October 15, 2015, 06:58:41 AM »
Didn't know that these engines use a different intake, and reverse water pumps. I can use an old type water pump, I think. Someone told me you can use the older type intake with some bushings, is this so? Is there anything else I should know about these engines? Thanks for any info. Working on a 55 F 100, installed a Mustang gas tank, duel master, replaced the king pins. will put a tool box in back of the cab, and a dump cart, made to fit behind that.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Re: Votec 350
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »
I believe they changed some bolt patterns and degrees on the vortec heads. I don't think it would be worth the effort to go with an old school intake.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
Re: Votec 350
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 07:11:50 PM »
I've done this change a time or two. With careful selection of intake gaskets and also careful re-drilling and finishing of the bolt holes, you can do it. If you want to go performance, it's better to swap around for a manifold that fits.

If you're talking about an LT1 engine, the change-over is WAAAAAY more complicated. I just got through selecting and modifying all the parts to put an LT1 injection on a Gen I 400 small block. Unless you have unlimited time and access to quality welding and machine facilities, THIS swap is better bought from the aftermarket entirely, and it's STILL a lot of work and money.

When I start the Jeep FC 170 pickup project that is my avatar pic, I'll do a complete rundown on the process.  I was VERY VERY lucky!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Tags: