AuthorTopic: New project!!  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
New project!!
« on: February 18, 2016, 08:13:19 PM »
I had this old '76 CJ5 Jeep tub and grill that I traded an old shotgun for.  My lawyer buddy picked up a good CJ5 chassis with lots of fresh parts for a good price and we were going to fix it up and sell it.

WELLLLLLLL!! We changed our minds in the last couple of weeks and now the tub will become a new Rat Rod project.  We had found a Jag/Lincoln indy rear end for cheap, and tonight I found a C4 Corvette front end for real cheap.  I already have the Powerglide out of Lockjaw where I swapped in the 700R4, and we have a fresh 366 Big Block Chevy with headers, engine mount, and all of the appliances.  We had already purchased new floor pans and rear floor for the tub, as well as a set of 36" steel wheel tubs.  I bought a pair of brand new Jerry cans for the FC Jeep truck project and then stumbled into a perfect military issue can for $5.00. Somewhere along the line, we bought a pair of brand new Weld 15x12" wheels with brand new  14x32x15" Hoosier dirt track tires on 'em.

I figure we can put the BBC and Powerglide together and frame up to mount the independent front and rear suspensions, channel the tub, mount the grill and front fenders, (all spiffied up, of course) mount the Jerry cans up for a gas tank, and use those steel fender tubs to get it as low in back as possible.

We'll need to find another pair of Weld wheels for the front and I have the Hoosiers that came on Lockjaw to finish it up in front!!  Orta be a real slot car in the handling department and as light at it will be, it should REALLY haul!!!

I got a CJ frame and suspension and some more stuff to sell!!  We should be able to finance a lot of the needed stuff with all of the parts we have to sell.

I'll start a build thread when we get some other stuff out of the way.  At least with this one, I have a nice clear title for it!!
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
Re: New project!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »
Outstanding
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:57:24 AM »
Sounds really kool 366 Chevy big block 6 cylinder! Do they make performance parts for that?
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 05:24:52 AM »
It's not a six!!  It's the smallest of the Big Block V8s.. All of the regular Big Block stuff fits it.   I got headers, front cradle mount, starter, Mallory distributor, 8mm wires, new six bolt balancer, and even a new set of plugs with this one.  I also got a truck bell housing, an 11 7/8" flywheel, a heavy duty clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and bearing fork that I need to sell.  The flywheel is freshly faced and everything but the bell housing and fork are brand new. The dust cover and all is there.

It's all going on craigslist this weekend.

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 10:32:26 AM »
Right on, looking forward to the new build and pics.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Callenjr81

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 06:42:43 AM »
Sounds like a cool project can't wait for pics

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
I do have a few old pics.  We have the tub inside the shop and standing on it's butt.  I'll put this all over on a new thread in the build section along with some parts and pieces we already have collected in the next couple of days.

I took a long test drive in Lockjaw today. There are a couple of bugs that will need attention, but it did pretty well and it's getting close to being transportation!!

Lawyer buddy took some video.  He'll try to put it on you-tube so y'all can see it.  The last one wound up on Facebook and I don't even do Facebook so I can't tell ya's how to pull it up!!

Tags: