AuthorTopic: 1930 dodge truck  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Ebraga9

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
1930 dodge truck
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:29:25 PM »
Hey guys just had a question for you seasoned builders!!! I'm 20 years old and just picked up a 1930 dodge pickup with a 66 401 nailhead turbo 400 trans and ford 9". Still have to build the whole truck which I'm excited for because everything is tacked in place for now and is a great open canvas for what I want to build with my father. But just wanted to hear a few of your opinions on the front end setup. I know a lot of people run mustang 2 front ends but to me it doesn't look right on a fender less rod. And anyone have any issues on the non z'd front of the frame? And also just trying to find examples of where to mount shocks or coilovers? Any input will help thanks guys!!!!

Offline Ebraga9

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: 1930 dodge truck
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 07:32:38 PM »
And if we decide to keep the frame non z'd in the front we will end up raising it with that bracket because as of now it's about 1.5" off the ground

miraclepieco

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 11:55:52 PM »
Man, I'm loving it!  Looks like a Model A only different. Would probably look better with a 4-6" haircut (if you can still get in it).
Keep the I-beam and transverse leaf. It will ride and handle great, and look badass doing it.
I also like ground-dragging frames; that's the way I built my '34 pickup. No Z, just straight rails about 2-3/4" off the deck. I ended up putting skid rollers under the rails to roll it over humps (visible in pic).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:23:37 AM by miraclepieco »

Offline Ebraga9

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 07:48:57 AM »
Thanks man! Yes I will be chopping the top once I put floors and the seat in it to see what I hVe to work with And my main concern was just the front of the frame being straight if I would run into any problems. And your truck looks sick too!! Thanks for the input and I'm hoping to start building during the winter and I'll keep you guys informed, thanks again

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
I hit up your other post, but i would keep the set up you have, just need to make a few changes on the spring perch and motor mounts.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Tags: