Rat Rod Nation General Area > Rat Rods B.S. Room

Pa. rat rod latest rules for registation/title

(1/2) > >>

FROG_PONDS:
Setting on my rat rod build for six years while taking care of my wife before she passed at 76 in 2019. Now it is time to get my build on the road. I am not up on the latest info. for Pa. rules and insider info. on getting my rod on the road. Even getting back on this forum has changed a lot. Can some please help me. Thanks Rich.

Blackwater:
I’m not familiar with the PA DMV or its rules and regulations.  My first thought would be to talk to someone who is currently operating a rat rod that you are familiar with.  If you have a title, you’re on the right track.

FROG_PONDS:
No title but this summer I will go to a car show and ask questions. I have been out of loop for a long time and need to get off my ass and get back in. Thanks for your input. Rich

Blackwater:
I had some assistance from a nice lady at the local DMV office.  She walked me through some of the minefield.  In the end, I used a title search company and spent $300.00 to get my title and a guarantee that it was clear. 

Our DMV wanted to tax me on the value of the vehicle and run me around.  The lady at the DMV told me to collect the receipts where I bought parts and pieces and present them with the new title when I applied for license.  Saved me a bunch of money.

FROG_PONDS:
I got my 47 ford cab from a person in Ohio and it was striped down. There was no serial number on the cab anywhere. Without a serial number or (vin) number I don't. think I can apply for a title. I found some old (2006) information on another forum indicating that I could apply for a title without that number. I did find out that the Vin number is located on the frame of 47 ford trucks not the cab. I am now fishing for (2022) info. rather than (2006) info. Thanks Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version