AuthorTopic: Lsx and the Cleveland  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Titan7

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
Lsx and the Cleveland
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »
My buddy just finished building a cleveland. And I currently in the middle of my ls2 build. All I'm missing is my heads and cam. He has a set of 4v cleveland heads that he said he would give me for a case of beer.
Now I've been reading that LS1 heads will fit on a cleveland block. But will cleveland 4v heads fit on an LS block??
I know I'll have to have a custom cam since LS is ei/ei/ei/ei and the cleveland is ie/ie/ie/ie.. If this cleveland head on lsx block combo is possible what else would I have to have custom made?

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
Re: Lsx and the Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 04:47:37 AM »
You'ld probably be better off with the L92 heads..........
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline Titan7

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 07:48:40 AM »
L92 heads flow minimally better than the cleveland heads. Nothing a little nitrous can't fix. Since LSx motors and the cleveland are basically the same minus the canted valves in the cleveland. My LS2 truck should work with a little port work..
I'm searching for knowledge to see if anyone would know if I needed anything more than a custom cam and port work on a LS2 truck intake?

Offline GCMopar

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:19:24 AM »
My buddy just finished building a cleveland. And I currently in the middle of my ls2 build. All I'm missing is my heads and cam. He has a set of 4v cleveland heads that he said he would give me for a case of beer.
Now I've been reading that LS1 heads will fit on a cleveland block. But will cleveland 4v heads fit on an LS block??
I know I'll have to have a custom cam since LS is ei/ei/ei/ei and the cleveland is ie/ie/ie/ie.. If this cleveland head on lsx block combo is possible what else would I have to have custom made?

Am I reading this right? Do you mean GM LS1 heads will fit on a Ford 351 cleveland block?

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 04:43:56 AM »
Yes.

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 07:01:44 AM »
How much modifying needs to be done? Need a custom intake? see about the cam. Does the cost justify the performance increase?
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 04:36:18 AM »
I personally don't think the time and cost is worth the time. It used to be something people tried to do to make more power back in the day. Today you can get a ton of power from just about anything....

Tags: