AuthorTopic: Autimotive Jealousy  (Read 7222 times)

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Dont underestimate me or I'll prove you wrong
  • Referrals: 0
Autimotive Jealousy
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »

I have a question for everybody!  Why do some people make such a big deal about the choice between project car and family?????  Is it always your partner that questions the fact that you like working on a car sometimes?  My X hated my car and me boyfriend I have now despises it as well.  Am I being selfish spending a few hundred hear and there on my car instead of my boyfriend????  I don't think so!  What do you guys think? are all of your wives or girlfriends jealous of your automotive relationships?  LMAO that just sounds silly. 
I hate it when I hear "Oh I used to have one of those, then I had a kid..."   I can see where it would be helpful to have a corolla (fuel efficient) to drive.  But that's just not me!  I like certain cars and I only live 2.2 miles from work.  I just don't get it LOL  I don't plan on selling my car soon though.  I will at least make a finished peace of artwork out of her before I give her up. 
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

:)   ANA

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Autimotive Jealousy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »
HOTWEELS?  when I post a reply or something on the message board it does not show up and it sayed "an error has occured"?

Offline Greybeards Customs

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1930 Ford 2 Door
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »
I hear people all the time say the same thing about selling their car because of a baby or getting married . It sounds to me as they can't afford to get married . I think that you are starting off on the wrong foot if you have to sell something that you enjoy to do something else . and it will always leave a bad feeling that you had to give up something or settle for less. I always tell them that you can just slow down on the spending and building of the car , selling would be a last resort .
That's not dust in your eyes ...... it's RUST !!!

www.greybeardscustoms.com

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline desolit

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »
the only time i thought i have to sell my car cause of the wife was trading my eco-commuter for something with 4wd. She did a 720 at 5mph in an accord the first time she drove in the snow. i tried... i couldnt get it to do it again. if i wasnt watching her in the rearview i wouldnt have believed her.

Offline Sky

• JOIN THE COFFEE PARTY!!!! FUCK THE TEA PARTY!!!
  • Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BRING ME THE HEAD OF RUSH LIMBAUGH !!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »

I think with some of them , it's just an excuse they are comfortable with . Some of them , got the car for the wrong reasons to begin with as well . Some of them lack the passion as well . I believe if you have a real passion for something , it will be a priority when entering a relationship , to be sure before hand that the person you are getting involved with either shares that passion or has no serious problem with it . That requires discussing it ( which people no longer do ) before your relationship gets serious . This takes us back to the main point . Was it a true passion or just a lark .
What is this """ stock restoration """ thing you speak of ????

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
Give it another try ana after you read my pm........let me know how it goes.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 08:06:35 PM »
There has to be balance in any relationship. Give and take. The person that you are considering for that relationship has to be agreable  to your likes as they want you to there's. If they are unwilling to be a part of your life but expect you to be 100% in there's then where is the balance, the advantage of that relationship? There is none. As stated early once you let your toy go just to please them you live to regret it. I know from personal there are a couple of cars I would love to have back and should have let that other person walk. Would have been a heck of a lot cheaper than a divorce  lawyer. Before a relationship gets anty deeper than the general get to know you stage ground rules need to be established. If they truly are not going to support you in your endevers then it is time to cut the relationship and move on.
Stay the course and follow your dreams and passion. Mr. Right is out there haveing the same issues that you are haveing.

8)
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline slow1

• Rat Rod Crazy
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
Autimotive Jealousy
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »
I say keep the cars get a new partner people never really change they just stop pretending ,your a car person and no one should want you to change no matter what I have more cars and toys than room and my wife loves me anyways and never tells me I can't ,might tell me I have to wait till the money is right but never I can't have something that I enjoy  don't change who you are ,You are awesome ok I'm done lol

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »
Its working beautifuly now Doug thank you :)
and thanks for you imput everyone !

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »
I say keep the cars get a new partner people never really change they just stop pretending ,your a car person and no one should want you to change no matter what I have more cars and toys than room and my wife loves me anyways and never tells me I can't ,might tell me I have to wait till the money is right but never I can't have something that I enjoy  don't change who you are ,You are awesome ok I'm done lol

WORD !

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
I think I found a good solution to the problem.  I'm getting him a 1975 Supper beetle project next week :)  We just needed an even amout of toys LOL 
Now the fight over who gets to use the carport will begin LMAO
Sigh..... I need me a real garage :D

Offline billy

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 05:24:50 AM »
my girlfriend (now wife)
told me that my hobbies (cars,guns etc) were one of the reasons she fell in love with me in the 1st place.
what a gal!
i dont practice what i preach
because i am not the kind of man i am preaching to.

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »
my girlfriend (now wife)
told me that my hobbies (cars,guns etc) were one of the reasons she fell in love with me in the 1st place.
what a gal!

What a KEEPER!

8)
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
I just bought Ms. Dee a 49 plymouth so guess she loves the hobby Got mad at me when i said i was gonna hotrod it she only wants me to put a v8 in it the "Leave it the f#$% alone" :o
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Rust T Nuts

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
Autimotive Jealousy
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 09:48:42 AM »
I do think people need to have their priorities in line.  If you choose to get married and have kids then you need to step up and provide for them first.  The family should not suffer because of a hobby or toys.  Cover your basics first and then the other things will happen in time. 

Rat Tap Talk

Offline ratrodmerc

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 06:56:49 PM »
I gave up my toys for 14 years because wife didnt like them,well know i have my toys and dont have her.wish i could find a woman into cars like some are....hard to find!...but dont give up your passion,thats 14 years i cant get back.

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
I would never allow my passion for cars to take away from my family , if anything it adds to our family experience taking the kids to shows and meeting many different people and starting great friendships . It is a wondefull way to instill a sence of pride in the kids when they see other people appreciate the amount of time and work you put into something . I have never been more proud as when I saw my boy (3 at the time ) prop against the side of our sedan and tell a grown up how cool our car was .

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
Autimotive Jealousy
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:32 PM »
I understand man. It's good to have these adult toys. I sit here allot wishing my 25 year old son would take interest in these toys. I would love to share this hobby with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline streetrat

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »
i got the streetrat out for a short drive the other day. 40 degrees. ol' lady was smiling the entire ride. even though her teeth were chattering. her dream car is a '57 chevy or a rat pickup. i think the rat pickup is more of a reality though. love the ol' lady.

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Living the Dream
    • Greybeards customs
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 06:45:49 AM »
i got the streetrat out for a short drive the other day. 40 degrees. ol' lady was smiling the entire ride. even though her teeth were chattering. her dream car is a '57 chevy or a rat pickup. i think the rat pickup is more of a reality though. love the ol' lady.

Good Times for Sure !!

Grey Beards Customs
7215 1st ave. N.
Birmingham Al.
205-836-1227

Offline billy

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 04:50:20 AM »
my gal likes going for cruises in my 27.
she says it makes her feel cool.
oh yeah
i got her a 53 buick special.
we will start working on that in a month or two.

Offline RaTaTat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »
I'm just glad I am not married anymore!  I love my son tho and If I ever needed to I would sell my car for him that is for sure!  But I dont think any other man can talk me out of her  ;D

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Rat Rod Nation
Autimotive Jealousy
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
Dang I'm ready to cruise right now. Dang winter still here. Hopefully warmer days ahead. And I'm with ya, rat rod pick up would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline ratt71

• Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »
I'm a father of 4 ages 8,6,4,3! They are my world! I'm on my second marriage which to whom all of the kids are. The wife's passion for loud pipes,fast cars is not at all what mine is but she really don't fight me on it either tho,her dream car is a 65 mustang but it has to b all original ( boring)!! I try to involve the whole family in my endeavors, my first build the 35 is my 4yr olds. My 8 yr old wants a 70 chevelle, my youngest daughter,6, going by her personality I'm thinking a bug,3yr old I'm not sure yet! My point is if you keep it family fun then mom has to be supportive cause otherwise dad will be way more cool!! Everything in life that you enjoy you have to give up somethings sometimes,I've given up a lot but I've gained so much more by being patient! And waiting my turn

Offline billy

• Serious Rat Rodder
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »
my girlfriend (now wife)
what a gal!

matter of fact
she recently asked me if i wanted to upgrade my pick up truck. (she makes six times the money i do)
and since i already have a dodge ram cummins powered 3500 dually
the only thing i would want is the same truck but with 4x4
so i told her to lets hold off.
and she never bats an eye when i buy guns or whatnot.

am i bragging?
i guess i am.
mostly i wanted to brag about how much i love this gal
money or no

Tags: