AuthorTopic: slip yoke  (Read 1204 times)

Offline just old

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
slip yoke
« on: March 09, 2020, 03:00:34 PM »
when I got the trans I had no drive shaft so no yoke now it is a C-4 from a 1967 mustang so I bought a shaft with a 28 spline yoke w3hich I thought would work it only goes in about 1 1/4 inches and hits something I would guess the bushing but don't no . the shaft is suppost to be from a  1990 some thing mustang . Are there diff. bushing sizes , I just had the trans rebuilt for a grand . or do I have the wrong yoke .  it fits tight when in

HELP PLEASE

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
Re: slip yoke
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 04:22:46 PM »
Can you ask your rebuilder? Maybe wrong bushing if more than 1 bushing may be avalible.
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline Blackwater

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
    • Milkbone Blues Band
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:12:14 PM »
Some of those had a cup that slid over the output shaft.  It slipped on  during assembly and held an "O" ring that fit over the yoke.  In many rebuilds where the builder put that cup back on, they seldom got it positioned correctly and often the installer would have to gently drive the slip yoke into the tail housing.  Call your builder and see if they included that cup in the overhaul.  If they did, you know what to do...
Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary!!

Offline just old

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 06:57:44 AM »
The guy I had do the trans came by and is going to fix the problem , but I have to take it to him which is not a big deal  :) :)

Tags: