AuthorTopic: Cruise-In Cadiz, Ky  (Read 4999 times)

Offline jrod12

Cruise-In Cadiz, Ky
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
We have a local car club here in Cadiz, Ky called Cadiz Cruzers that put on a downtown cruise-in once a month. You do not have to be a member of the club to participate. I don't know how many people on here are in the area, but please spread the word & come by and join in the rodding fun. Any vehicles are allowed from old to new to motorcycles. Here is a schedule for 2011. The location is Cadiz, Ky and it is right downtown on Main Street. Thanks for your support.   

Cadiz Cruz-In's 2011
June 11th
July 9th
August 13th
September 10th
October 8th
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:47:41 AM by jrod12 »
Don't buy it, build it!!!
If you are afraid to drive it then what good is it.
Tire smokin' & gear jammin' does a body good.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 0
    • Don't Like It Don't Read It
Re: Cruise-In Cadiz, Ky
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
That's cool man....I am in Winder, Ga. and our car club, The Dixie Cruisers, do the same thing....4th Saturday of each month....we charge $5.00 per car and all our money goes to charity. We usually have 100+ cars each month. 8)
Take a kid to a car or bike show...pass the hobby on to the next generation

Just because the paint is flat, don't make it a rat

Offline jrod12

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
There is no charge here to participate. Just the local club having fun & trading stories. This just got started last year & has not been promoted much yet. The club is still small & I am just trying to help them get the word out. The last couple of cruise-ins have had anywhere from 30-40 cars, which is good for us since we are a small little town in Ky. We ultimately want to fill the downtown streets with Hot Rods though. Also, it has rained on a couple of shows so the turnout was not very great then. I never will understand why anyone would build something they are afraid to actually drive or get wet. Lol. The club has not been going very long yet & we are still trying to build the shows.

Offline ezrat

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1928 Dodge 4 Dr
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »
I'm with you on the rain, I have showed up many times only to be the only car.
Thats what god made windshield wipers for...
"Just because it's primer, doesn't make it a rat"

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
Why build it or buy it if you can't drive it? Not much on the trailer queens. They are nice to look at but anyone with $75,000.00 can buy one. As far as the cost of our cruise-in entry fees go, we donate all proceeds to local charities. We are having this one Saturday for a local animal shelter. At the end of the year show, in October, the proceeds will go to a child in need. We only charge $5.00 per car and everyone has a blast. We award 20 plaques per cruise-in for 7 classes. And I promise you the Mercury and the F100 are there rain or shine. Most of the time that is the only way the truck gets washed....lol. But keep on doing what you are doing and the word will spread and soon you will have a large and in charge cruise-in. One thing I push is to take a child to a car show or bike show...they are the future of the car culture we all love so much....Pass it down to the next generation.

Offline jrod12

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
I don't think there is anything wrong with charging a fee, but the car club here just does not do it. It would be great if they would get more into benefits like you mention. Maybe I will mention it to them. Always good to help out the charities and at the same time it may draw more people because of the charity contributions. I work at a bike shop also & when they have any kind of benefit rides for kids or charities the people come out of the woodwork to donate to the cause.   
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:53:05 PM by jrod12 »

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
Check out garage71.com you might find it interesting with the amount of bike talk and interviews with builders and bike mechanics like yourself....just a suggestion

Offline jrod12

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »
Had a pretty good turnout for the July cruise-in. Was really hot so more showed than I expected. Will try & post some pics in a few days. Had a good variety of everything.

Offline tattoodaddy1967

• Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Had a pretty good turnout for the July cruise-in. Was really hot so more showed than I expected. Will try & post some pics in a few days. Had a good variety of everything.

Glad to hear 8)

Tags: