AuthorTopic: Well S+#T LONG READ  (Read 2422 times)

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
  • Referrals: 0
Well S+#T LONG READ
« on: December 19, 2014, 05:11:00 AM »
The shit end of the stick of life has me bent clean over and is shoving it up with its foot. For example on the Harrington Post what should have  been done in say 5, maybe 7 min. Took me 45. Thank you F----G Parkinson's. I was in hopes that some things could and would go on an even road. But NO! Hear about 2 weeks ago my tremor's started to get a bit more active. Then last Thursday all HELL broke lose. The somebitches keep going all night long, till about 5 am. Now I had been up since about 10 am that day, Thursday. I have been pretty good about taking my meds as I should, 2 carbidopa-levodopa every 2 hours and 1 ropinirole  every 12 hours. Well I have either skipped, been late or took the carbid before it was time to. So I figure that I would give it, my body, time to flush. NOPE!  Not happening. Well I started to watch and make sure that I was on schedule and the shit just got worse. I would try to lay down, what a joke. So besides all of the extra movement I called my "Neurologyst" on Friday and talked to the nurse and told her what was happening, her response, ok thank you I will talk with Dr. D and will get back with you later today. Well guess what today ended up being Monday, and me calling again. And that was with me staying up till 6 am. B.S.M.F.'s.
Doug you remember when I was back up in Cheyenne and how my tremor's were? Well now they will put that to a shame. And I just went through having an ablation surgery on the right side of my neck. To get ride of the arthritis and fat that is the big part of my migraines. So the neck is still tender. Ha, not any longer. Hurt as a new meaning. I am schedule to go in and get the left done on the 9th of Jan. http://www.ehow.com/about_5147793_ablation-surgery.html
After that I will be going in to have the 2 vertebra that are degenerating repaired. But how long after ???  So with not getting any sleep, except 3 or 4 hour naps and fighting with the unwanted extra movement  and calling that damn doctor once or twice a day and not getting any relief I FIRED his ass. Called my PCP and told them what was happening and asked if his office could find a replacement. And they were not happy with how this has unfolded. I missed a call from his office about my replacement, so some time after I take my nap I will give his nurse a call and get the info. Also I called the nurse of the top Parkinson's Doctors/Surgeons around at KU Med. He I go to see about once a year so that I can stay on top of this thing. The last time that I saw him, about a year ago, He was pushing for me  to go through DBS. I was putting it off  because I know that they are/were coming out  with some new drugs to treat PD.Well Sparky that just aint in the cards for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_brain_stimulation

Well it has taken me over an hour to get this far. I will be talking to a new Doc and to KU Med today. I was set to go to KU Med on the 20th of Jan. for that check up. But I did talk to his nurse early yesterday morning and told her what was happening, meds not controlling any of the symptoms. Tremors, balance and falling, walking, lack of eating, problems sleeping or not.
In the next few days I am going to go through everything that I have and I need to sell everything that I post. The signs are priced at 8 dollars each plus shipping. Selling them below cost. Now the tool box. Repainted black with pin stripping and Gold Leaf. I had the winning bid at a charity auction in 2010 at the KKOA in Salina. I paid $150.00 for it then.  All That I am Asking is $75.00 And it is worth it. The signs would look good on the inside of the doors on that build or anywhere.
Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Offline 871Blower

• Rat Lover
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Well S+#T LONG READ
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
Wish ya all the best man. Can't even imagine what this is like.

Offline just old

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 03:23:49 PM »
I truly hope everything works out for the best for you . i can't imagine what you are feeling .

Offline lowboy

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle
  • Activity:
    0%
  • BOOG OUT
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:34:34 PM »
Prayers for you ol' buddy
life is a ride where you slide into heaven sideways on 4 flats blown motor saying Thank you God what a ride!!!!!

Offline hotwheels

• Rat Rod Builder
  • Administrator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1947 Ford Pickup
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Referrals: 9
    • Rat Rod Nation
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 04:37:14 AM »
Sum bitch i thought the doctors were finally getting their heads out of their asses and they are only making things worse. If they had to live with this, you know they would be pissed if they weret being treated like this........Sorry you are having to sell some of your stuff man, breaks my heart seeing someone having to sell their possessions just to make ends meet do to medical problems, damn.
Hopefully you can yell loud enough to some doctor who will change your meds or hurry up and do that surgery to control your tremors. Can't imagine the tremors being worse then how they were when i saw ya in cheyenne......Damn. I know it doesn't mean much cause it won't help, but try to keep your head up and stay positive.
Love building rat rods, driving mustangs, and building websites.

Offline ratrodranger

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
I can relate to this...... the side effects from the meds for my epilepsy cause me issues......sometimes I get the shakes and have a hard time using my hands for doing small things or even typing.... along with headaches and dizzyness........hope things get better for you

Offline oldskool49

• Global Moderator
  • Rat Rods or Nothing
  • Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala
  • Activity:
    0%
  • My Girl, Ol Blue
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 05:11:00 AM »
A BIG GEAR HEAD THANK YOU MY BROTHER'S. Right now the tremor's are not as bad as the other night. But. And I'll be damned that the Doctor at KU Med that has been pushing DBS for a bit more that a year, his nurse call's and informs me that he  want's me to add another pill  , a narcotic to my diet. That was Friday morning. The pharmacy is real good about sending me a text when my meds are filled and ready to pick up. Well by 5pm I had not gotten the call. I call them to find out and they tell me that they can not fill it because my insurance wont cover it do to the fact that I have another narcotic of that class and that he need's to write something to over ride the one that I have now. Not sure which one ? Either the hydrocodon ( which I have been on since 09/29/09, right knee replacement) or a new one,  diclofenac sod dr, this I just got on because of my neck. But it is supposed to help with inflammation. Now this one is working where the hydro (1-2 tablets every 6 hours as needed for pain) they just don't even scratch the itch. And that  is taking 3 every 3-4 hours. The diclofenac is working. Now if I can just get the tremors, loss of balance, lack of sleep and speech back so that I can live.
Ratrodranger I can only imagine all that you have to live with day to day. I know that for me I have become isolated from the public, and me being a former public speaker. Getting up in front of 100's and doing my thing. It really bugs me to try to talk one on one with anyone and be self-conscious because my body is moving, I am rocking back and forth. It can be a royal pain and not easy to keep my mouth shut when sitting out in a restaurant or anywhere else and have people watch and stair.

I did find a clinic in AZ that does stem cell surgery for PD, and they are FDA approved. The draw back is that insurance wont cover it ?? WTF ??? It is more of a benefit for the person with PD and their family plus in the long run it will save the insurance company's MONEY. But for me I just don't have $7,000. Then you would have to add in travel, motel's, meal's. I know that the benefits would out weigh it all. The PD person can not travel it alone. I now that with in the past 3 weeks that I have had to almost give up driving.

Well in preparation in getting ready for all of the surgery's I chose to get rid of the beard. Now as my luck would turn I will find that special lady, but she wants a man with a beard. Oh well. It took about 35 photo's to get these 2. 

The Mercury is a Danbury Mint 1/24 scale. And the is George Barris signature. $160.00

A side not. One of the other reasons for selling off some/alot of my items is that My 23 year old son does not deserve to have to do battle with his older Sister and Brother. He will have more than his fair share of grief in taking care of it all. It would be different if they were around or in touch and that goes for the grand kids. They just don't realize the crap that they are doing.

Anyway I hope to get more stuff photographed and posted.

Hot Rodders. The First Recyclers.

Tags: