Recent Posts

Pages: 0 [2] 20 ... 90
Rat Rod Builds / Re: NAS-T
« Last post by Granpascrazzy on October 10, 2022, 08:30:32 PM »
It is good to hear about you working again. As usual, your work looks great.  Try to not push yourself too hard.
« Last post by Blackwater on October 04, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »
After Sunday’s shop session, I spent much of Monday morning chasing around town collecting a new prescription that the doctor added to my treatment and and the antibiotic I have to take to prevent a recurrence of the infection that put me in the shape I’m in.  We picked up lunch and by the time I got home it was 2:00 in the afternoon.  I was already tired and I just took the rest of the day off!!!

This morning, I got out there and finished the notch in the frame, as far as I can without turning the frame over. I included the pics of the finished product in the previous post since that completed that task.  I’m working about one fourth the speed I usually do stuff ‘cause I have to sit down and rest every few minutes.  I managed almost two hours on Sunday.  Today, I built and installed brackets for the passenger side of the transmission crossmember, finished that rear frame section, and welded in the final section of the floorboard that sits inside the channels.  That and drilling out the body mount holes for the spacer tubes that’ll keep the frame from deforming when the body is bolted down was as far as I could go today.  I got my son to help me move the rolling chassis out of its spot under the body which is still hanging from the rafters.  It’s down off the jack stands and it rolls pretty easily. Not bad at all with the engine and transmission installed and even the driveshaft hooked up.  I switched it into the stall where the floorboard and the welding table had been and moved those to where I had the chassis.

Tomorrow, I’ll drop the body down and pull the doors off of it.  I’ll flip the floorboard/channel section and  weld the bottom side and then slide it in through the doorway and start putting the two together.

I got in over four and a half hours today.  I’m beat, but I’m getting a little better, I think.
« Last post by Blackwater on October 02, 2022, 05:27:00 PM »
So!  I promised myself that I’d get back in the shop today!!  I’m not in much shape to do anything, but I got the master cylinder bracket lowered on the frame and set up so’s it clears the floorboard.  I also got the excess trimmed off of the driver’s side front floor so that it can be welded in.

Finally, I cut the rear crossmember and tacked in a narrow piece so that it will clear the back of the differential on full compression of the suspension..  I really didn’t get a whole lot done before I was too wore out and quit for the day.  I’m going to town for meds in the morning, early.  I’ll get back out there tomorrow and see if I can last a little longer and get more done.
« Last post by Blackwater on September 27, 2022, 09:53:33 PM »
WELL!! Been a while since I put anything on the thread!!  I have had a long layoff again because of the foot again!  Lots of weeks of sitting on my posterior with the doctor fussing at me every time I show up at his office!!  Four stem cell grafts and all sorts of different treatments! It finally closed up about four weeks ago and I’m starting to learn how to walk for the fifth or sixth time.  Been laid up so long that I have no stamina and my balance and strength are lousy.

In the meantime, I’ve been collecting some small pieces for the T project. Got a fiberglass radiator shell and a throttle cable, two carb linkage, and a gas pedal assembly. Got some new tools and a few odds and ends for the shop too!

A good friend of mine is getting married this Saturday. He’s been a loyal fan of my band for over twenty-five years and he’s a fellow hotrodder.  He loaned me the sheetmetal break that we’re using to build both the projects in the shop. I will start back in the shop after the wedding. I’ve waited to go back out there until I can walk a little better and get a little strength back.  I also wanted to attend the wedding without a bunch of knots and bruises and gnarled up fingers and hands, so I’m goofing off ‘til first of next week!!

Start looking for new progress in a few days!!
Rat Rod Builds / Re: 1928 Tudor build
« Last post by Jeff73Mach1 on September 20, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »
So the summer was busy, but the car had to sit, begging for attention.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o6gTVRQD28XagU258
Rat Rod Builds / Re: 1928 Tudor build
« Last post by Jeff73Mach1 on August 23, 2022, 11:45:06 AM »
Sorry to be slow to post updates.  The last few months have been busy with family matters.  All is good and I am starting back to work.  There has been more progress, but my camera is kaput so, I will have to update more later.  I am working through the inner body structure and floor at this time.

So I have a question about an idea I have  Would a pusher fan between the AC condenser and the radiator be effective?  I think it could be hidden away pretty nicely.

Anyway here are some photos

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JuRiCksbnNXMLof4A

Rat Rod of the Day / TGIF
« Last post by McLovin on August 05, 2022, 05:14:47 PM »
Been a while since I posted anything. Tri Five is next weekend. I'll be there on Saturday unless the creek don't rise to much, here or there.
Rat Rod of the Day / Thursday
« Last post by McLovin on May 26, 2022, 06:13:58 AM »
Thursday
Rat Rod of the Day / Sunday
« Last post by McLovin on May 22, 2022, 08:31:20 AM »
Sunday A custom.
Rat Rod of the Day / Re: Tuesday
« Last post by McLovin on May 22, 2022, 08:29:51 AM »
They were fire extingishers. Guage I don't remember if temp or pressure
Pages: 0 [2] 20 ... 90